Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

With regards to the axing of The Film Review, are there any TV cultural reviews left on the BBC? If you look at what they had ten years ago...

- The Review Show - axed 2014
- The Culture Show - axed 2015
- Film... - axed 2018
- The Film Review - axed 2022

Maybe they'll start showing all editions of Talking Movies on the News channel, though I do wonder how long that itself will last. But almost an entire category of programming has just disappeared.
[-] The following 7 users Like DTV's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, Happy2001, Ma76, Roger Darthwell, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(15-10-2022, 11:33 AM)DTV Wrote:  With regards to the axing of The Film Review, are there any TV cultural reviews left on the BBC? If you look at what they had ten years ago...

- The Review Show - axed 2014
- The Culture Show - axed 2015
- Film... - axed 2018
- The Film Review - axed 2022

Maybe they'll start showing all editions of Talking Movies on the News channel, though I do wonder how long that itself will last. But almost an entire category of programming has just disappeared.

While it is a loss, you do have to consider that these days, online reviews are the primary means which potential audiences are getting their recommendations for films. However, I would say that such programmes are still valuable. A written review online, or delivered on a youtube video delivered by someone who may not have the the same credentials as, say, Barry Norman pales in comparison.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Annita McVeigh made her network Weekend News yesterday anchoring both evening bulletins. Never quite understood why they'd never deployed her before now, other than the occasional lunchtime Saturday bulletin which they're happy to have anyone present. I've never understood why they stopped Joanna Gosling from appearing on network bulletins as she use to do. I remember her on weekday Breakfast and the weekend bulletins.

In some cases it might just be personal preference for morning shifts in London?

(16-10-2022, 07:39 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  Annita McVeigh made her network Weekend News yesterday anchoring both evening bulletins. Never quite understood why they'd never deployed her before now, other than the occasional lunchtime Saturday bulletin which they're happy to have anyone present.
She did the network evening bulletins on the Jubilee weekend Sunday, albeit with most of the early evening being on location. Also think she may have done a Sunday early evening around the time of the Studio B launch - there were a couple of Sundays when the network presenter only did the 10, and the early evening was done by the afternoon News Channel presenter

(16-10-2022, 07:39 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  Annita McVeigh made her network Weekend News yesterday anchoring both evening bulletins.
Is the word "debut" missing from that sentence?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 406's post:
  • Newsroom

(16-10-2022, 04:34 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  
(16-10-2022, 07:39 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  Annita McVeigh made her network Weekend News yesterday anchoring both evening bulletins.
Is the word "debut" missing from that sentence?

Yup! Thanks for pointing that out for myself and everyone else, much appreciated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • Former Member 406

Tonight's edition of Outside Source is back on the newsroom balcony. It's been a LONG WHILE since they last used the balcony, does anyone know why they've been using Studio C for almost the past few months?
[Image: 7ef71a6ddccba7ec2b357500dda5cb5c.png]

The weather presenter was absent from Studio B on this evening’s Six.

(17-10-2022, 07:14 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  The weather presenter was absent from Studio B on this evening’s Six.

Most likely something to do with this:
twitter.com 
Thread Closed