Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(19-10-2022, 09:05 PM)Andrew Wrote:  
(19-10-2022, 08:16 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  My goodness, Huw does seem to ALWAYS be on location when there is major news elsewhere. I'm not taking away anything from the BBC's efforts in Sunderland today, but it's always Huw who gets stuck somewhere nowhere near the action.

Westminster is in chaos this evening watching all the channels and social media. Never seen anything like it.

Why exactly have they sent Huw to Sunderland?

We hear views from voters in Sunderland (and Wigan, Bolton, Barnsley, Bradford, various other working class places up North) every single day of the year on BBC News

Going off his Twitter, Huw was speaking at the University of Sunderland today, so I guess using him on location given he was already there made sense

(19-10-2022, 09:05 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Absolutely ridiculous there has been zero World News all evening.

It’s not as though Nuala and Maryam (who’ve been covering) both OS and Context won’t have been at NBH.

A pathetic editorial decision that as many have said already just stinks of what’s to come when the merger happens. There is no balance at all at the moment.

I was expecting the two channels to go to Context at 9pm, as Shaun has been on location from College Green for most of the evening now, though of course they didn't. And judging by how quickly events could move with regards to the government and PM, I would suspect that tomorrow will be another day of the NC coming predominantly from Westminster or Downing Street.

(19-10-2022, 09:17 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  
(19-10-2022, 09:05 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Absolutely ridiculous there has been zero World News all evening.

It’s not as though Nuala and Maryam (who’ve been covering) both OS and Context won’t have been at NBH.

A pathetic editorial decision that as many have said already just stinks of what’s to come when the merger happens. There is no balance at all at the moment.

I was expecting the two channels to go to Context at 9pm, as Shaun has been on location from College Green for most of the evening now, though of course they didn't. And judging by how quickly events could move with regards to the government and PM, I would suspect that tomorrow will be another day of the NC coming predominantly from Westminster or Downing Street.
Not just the NC. No doubt World will simulcast it all as well, as they have been throughout this political crisis in the UK.
Not appropriate for World, but those are the editorial decisions being made now
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radio_man's post:
  • UTVLifer

The BBC have been in Sunderland across outlets today. Breakfast, One, Six and Ten are all from the Sunderland Glass Centre. I think Nicky Campbell might have been at The Fire Station. It kicks off a campaign across the BBC connected with the cost of living crisis. The reason it was today is because the inflation figure for September was released at 0700. This is one of the three figures reviewed for pensions as part of the triple lock.
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • Steve in Pudsey

I suspect Huw's talk at the uni was a result of him being in the area for the Six/Ten rather than those being an OB because he was in Sunderland.
[-] The following 5 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76, m_in_m, Newsroom, Stooky Bill

Yes when it went out live it had these graphics

twitter.com 

Presumably there's a separate output from Studio E upstream of the DVE effects that is fed through a different Viz engine for making clean(ish) recordings, and for whatever reason (London being in B?) it had the wrong branding on it. The clip was posted to Twitter by a BBC journo who presumably would have access to those recordings.

Newsnight with Victoria Derbyshire is also live from Sunderland tonight, complete with an audience
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • bkman1990

World is also showing the papers as well, like I said earlier it’s like watching bbc news international rather then bbc world news.

Once again left wondering if there is really any purpose to being on College Green, particularly in this weather. The BBC don't even have a good shot of parliament and there are just a load of protestors holding up placards in the background and others occasionally trying to shout over the coverage.

[Admin edit to original post].
[-] The following 1 user Likes DTV's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(20-10-2022, 01:14 PM)DTV Wrote:  Once again left wondering if there is really any purpose to being on College Green, particularly in this weather. The BBC don't even have a good shot of parliament and there are just a load of protestors holding up placards in the background and others occasionally trying to shout over the coverage.

[Admin edit to original post].

Arguably if possible, using somewhere in their Milbank studio (or rooftop?) would be better. That way they can be close enough for politicians to come and do interviews, whilst being just far enough away from any protestors (particularly noisy ones).

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

I believe the broadcasters and Parliamentary authorities have been working to create some new outdoor shots but within the Parliamentary estate to cut out disruption due to protestors. I think they're going to be between Victoria Gardens and Black Rod's Entrance, for anyone who knows the area.
[-] The following 3 users Like steve's post:
  • Happy2001, Ma76, UTVLifer
Thread Closed