Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

No reason to stop doing it is there? There are camera shots possible for that move that would avoid the London presenter at the tower.

(21-10-2022, 12:51 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  No reason to stop doing it is there?  There are camera shots possible for that move that would avoid the London presenter at the tower.

I thought the presenter for BBC London needs to be sat at the desk for handover so Huw walking away from the desk would mean some very quick movement ready for the video wall.

(21-10-2022, 12:55 AM)robrymond Wrote:  
(21-10-2022, 12:51 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  No reason to stop doing it is there?  There are camera shots possible for that move that would avoid the London presenter at the tower.

I thought the presenter for BBC London needs to be sat at the desk for handover so Huw walking away from the desk would mean some very quick movement ready for the video wall.

When I saw the start of London they were at a tower. It felt like the tower behind the desk rather than the central tower.

Yes, they're standing in front of the desk with the tower behind the desk in the background of the shot.

I see the new Ros Atkins vanity project is replacing Dateline London in all of its weekend slots on World. Rolleyes  What a waste....

(21-10-2022, 07:11 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I see the new Ros Atkins vanity project is replacing Dateline London in all of its weekend slots on World. Rolleyes  What a waste....

Why do you call it a vanity project?

Because it's all about him, his ''explainers'' that went viral are now packaged for BBC One.

So I presume Studio E is now only in operation between the hours of 0900-1800 (1900 weekends, and the Saturday late bulletin).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • UTVLifer

(21-10-2022, 09:00 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Because it's all about him, his ''explainers'' that went viral are now packaged for BBC One.

Something that has proven popular and has been expanded on is a vanity project?
[-] The following 6 users Like all new phil's post:
  • bkman1990, Independent, Jeff, LDN, UTVLifer, ViridianFan

(21-10-2022, 09:00 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Because it's all about him, his ''explainers'' that went viral are now packaged for BBC One.
That’s a bit harsh. His promotion is well deserved. No other outlet was doing it so well. Ros Atkins deserves all the praise he gets., and throwing it on BBC was an obvious move. Better on One than the dying News Channel.
[-] The following 5 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, Independent, Jayesyn, Jeff, thePineapple
Thread Closed