Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

Looking at this image, I think having the skyline looks a lot nicer than having the weird fakes screens. However, either way I still am not a fan of the desk area. Also why didn't they replace the newsroom with the skyline as well?

[Image: FfXkBkoWYAUkRsT?format=jpg&name=large] [Image: rx-bbc-news-studiob-1.jpg?resize=735%2C406&ssl=1]

(21-10-2022, 11:21 PM)Jayesyn Wrote:  Looking at this image, I think having the skyline looks a lot nicer than having the weird fakes screens. However, either way I still am not a fan of the desk area. Also why didn't they replace the newsroom with the skyline as well?

[Image: FfXkBkoWYAUkRsT?format=jpg&name=large] [Image: rx-bbc-news-studiob-1.jpg?resize=735%2C406&ssl=1]
I think they're probably trying to create the impression it is a live/real shot.

I know I'm a few days late, but sad to see the film review ending. I'll always have memories of being sat 5 rows behind Mark on a flight to Atlanta in 2016!

(21-10-2022, 11:32 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  I think they're probably trying to create the impression it is a live/real shot.
Pity they didn't set up a camera in the newsroom and make it a live backdrop.

There is no lunchtime or evening news scheduled for tomorrow on BBC One. Only the Ten.

(22-10-2022, 08:52 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  There is no lunchtime or evening news scheduled for tomorrow on BBC One. Only the Ten.

Are you sure? The BBC scheduling pages show a bulletin at 13:00, as standard, and a bulletin + regional news at 16:20.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DTV's post:
  • watchingtv

(22-10-2022, 09:04 PM)DTV Wrote:  
(22-10-2022, 08:52 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  There is no lunchtime or evening news scheduled for tomorrow on BBC One. Only the Ten.

Are you sure? The BBC scheduling pages show a bulletin at 13:00, as standard, and a bulletin + regional news at 16:20.

Oh I see a glitch in the Sky tv guide 

tinyurl.com 

(22-10-2022, 03:46 AM)simon Wrote:  
(21-10-2022, 11:32 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  I think they're probably trying to create the impression it is a live/real shot.
Pity they didn't set up a camera in the newsroom and make it a live backdrop.

I think the resolution that would require to fill a screen of that size and not look blocky on camera would be a barrier to that.

(22-10-2022, 09:51 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  
(22-10-2022, 03:46 AM)simon Wrote:  Pity they didn't set up a camera in the newsroom and make it a live backdrop.

I think the resolution that would require to fill a screen of that size and not look blocky on camera would be a barrier to that.

I'm also not sure that the backdrop that they use would be replicable in camera, and not just because of the 'augmented' aspect of it. If you wanted a similar shot with 'fisheyeing' (i.e., the Studio E backdrop) you'd probably have to take Studio E out of commission and place the live feed camera within the studio itself. Which is a bit drastic. I suppose you could go for a shot from the balcony, as per the old Studio C News at Five backdrop, but that's much less interesting - there's little newsroom activity in shot and the image can't be as wide.

Resolution, as you say, is an issue - if my info about the LED panels is right, the videowall section on which the newsroom backdrop is on is 3600 x 945 px.

New style on BBC News' IG stories: B/W photos with red accents/shapes, rather than a sidebar.

Before:
[Image: BBC%20News%20IG%20Stories.jpg]
(God, that didn't age well Sad )

After:
[Image: BBC%20IG%20Story%20Arrow.jpg]
[Image: BBC%20IG%20Story%20BW.jpg]

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
Thread Closed