Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

Is this definitely a general style change or just one that is used for cost of living related stories?

More minor schedule changes... It seems the NC no longer carries the Saturday late national bulletin with BBC One. Yesterday (22/10) and last Saturday (15/10)'s edition was replaced by a generic bulletin simulcasted with WN in Studio C.

This is their branding for 'Tackling the Cost of Living Crisis Together' campaign.

Find me on Twitter: @alfiejmulcahy

(23-10-2022, 07:29 PM)ALV Wrote:  More minor schedule changes... It seems the NC no longer carries the Saturday late national bulletin with BBC One. Yesterday (22/10) and last Saturday (15/10)'s edition was replaced by a generic bulletin simulcasted with WN in Studio C.

I really do think there's a simple solution to this to allow the News Channel to leave to take the late bulletin-Go "You are watching BBC News" to allow the NC to leave, cut to filler cut to Studio E.

(23-10-2022, 09:36 PM)News76 Wrote:  
(23-10-2022, 07:29 PM)ALV Wrote:  More minor schedule changes... It seems the NC no longer carries the Saturday late national bulletin with BBC One. Yesterday (22/10) and last Saturday (15/10)'s edition was replaced by a generic bulletin simulcasted with WN in Studio C.

I really do think there's a simple solution to this to allow the News Channel to leave to take the late bulletin-Go "You are watching BBC News" to allow the NC to leave, cut to filler cut to Studio E.

Or viewers could turn to BBC1 if they wished to watch it?

(23-10-2022, 09:36 PM)News76 Wrote:  

World usually leaves at 2210 on Saturday nights as well though to go to a documentary, so might as well just continue with a NC only bulletin from C. 
Cuts out the faff of the NC filling 5 to 10 mins at 10pm only for the main stories to be repeated again when they join BBC One.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radio_man's post:
  • AJB39

I do wish they’d take David Eades off overnights and put him on shifts where us UK viewers can indulge. He’s a legend and so prolific.

That whole last hour of Breaking News on Boris dropping out was gripping.
[-] The following 5 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, ginnyfan, Ma76, Radio_man

At least one of the cameras in Studio B seems to be failing. I noticed it this morning during LK and in tonight's Ten, when the camera was on Chris Mason, the zooming in seemed to be fading.

(23-10-2022, 10:02 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I do wish they’d take David Eades off overnights and put him on shifts where us UK viewers can indulge. He’s a legend and so prolific.

I'd like to see Rich Preston let out in UK daylight/evening hours as well, but for different reasons. Although I hope his time will come, I remember when I was a proper insomniac in the mid-late 2000s, Martine Croxall kept me company on overnights.
[-] The following 5 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, all new phil, bkman1990, Ma76, Newsroom

^^^ Mark Lobel as well, please. Big Grin They can have Lukwesa on overnights.... Cool
Thread Closed