Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(23-10-2022, 10:34 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  At least one of the cameras in Studio B seems to be failing. I noticed it this morning during LK and in tonight's Ten, when the camera was on Chris Mason, the zooming in seemed to be fading.
Starts at 1:07
https://youtu.be/xrCUlk9SqSM?t=58

The framing on that shot of Chris is strange. At the point where it defocuses he isn't in the centre of the frame, I wonder if that caused it to go hunting for focus? I assume it is auto focus rather than operator controlled.

The RSS ticker system on BBC WN needs a way to filter out commentary and rhetorical headlines... Every once in a while we'll see weird headlines on the ticker like these two below today:
[Image: c553b2dc6f8cc1da2e0e4662de3f9d70.png]

These headlines in the ticker are queried from the RSS feed, from the BBC News website:
[Image: 49f6367590abb66f687cc325a3d893bf.png]

(24-10-2022, 12:15 PM)ALV Wrote:  The RSS ticker system on BBC WN needs a way to filter out commentary and rhetorical headlines... Every ce in a while we'll see weird headlines on the ticker like these two below today:
[Image: c553b2dc6f8cc1da2e0e4662de3f9d70.png]

These always make me chuckle.

Too bad I wasn't invited to Xi Jinping's party, but nice to have a reminder for anyone who was and had forgotten.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 5 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • ALV, EastCoast, Frances, Ma76, QuinnTFP

(23-10-2022, 10:02 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I do wish they’d take David Eades off overnights and put him on shifts where us UK viewers can indulge. He’s a legend and so prolific.

That whole last hour of Breaking News on Boris dropping out was gripping.

I didn't know he was on permanent overnights - I take it he has taken on Mike Embley's old shifts? I did see him on an overnight the weekend after the Queen died, but assumed they were just using the 'big beasts' in all slots that weekend.

I know this strays into politics a tad, however I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, as it's getting traction in some areas of the media. It appears that Maxine Croxall was rather pleased that Boris withdrew from the leadership race yesterday.

twitter.com 

(24-10-2022, 12:58 PM)JayCasey Wrote:  I know this strays into politics a tad, however I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, as it's getting traction in some areas of the media.  It appears that Maxine Croxall was rather pleased that Boris withdrew from the leadership race yesterday.

twitter.com 

I re-watched yesterday's edition and I don't see any actual context nor precise comments on what's she's gleeful for, maybe she's just fascinated by the fluidity and pace of the news at that hour, who knows. This is based on my observation of her Twitter replies... 

The news was still breaking and the front pages haven't came in to the newsroom while The Papers was on the air, as newspapers scramble to change the top story.

(24-10-2022, 01:25 PM)ALV Wrote:  
(24-10-2022, 12:58 PM)JayCasey Wrote:  I know this strays into politics a tad, however I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, as it's getting traction in some areas of the media.  It appears that Maxine Croxall was rather pleased that Boris withdrew from the leadership race yesterday.

twitter.com 

I re-watched yesterday's edition and I don't see any actual context nor precise comments on what's she's gleeful for, maybe she's just fascinated by the fluidity and pace of the news at that hour... This is based on my observation of her Twitter replies... 

The news was still breaking and the front pages haven't came in to the newsroom while The Papers was on the air, as newspapers scramble to change the top story.

That was initially my thought, but later she went on to openly say that she'd probably broken the BBC's impartiality guidelines, so it, by her own admission, dismisses the excitement of the fast-paced breaking news argument.

twitter.com 

Yes, I think it was a reference to the fast-paced nature of the news. Would be a shame to see her go for something so minor.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 2 users Like Josh's post:
  • Ma76, UTVLifer

(24-10-2022, 01:53 PM)Josh Wrote:  twitter.com 
Yes, I think it was a reference to the fast-paced nature of the news. Would be a shame to see her go for something so minor.

I think it’s the later part that is harder to say for sure it’s just fast paced. And of course mentioning on air that she thinks she has broke the guidelines.
Thread Closed