Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(25-10-2022, 03:55 PM)Worzel Wrote:  Can I just say how much I'm enjoying watching the Shaun Ley masterclass in reporting and presenting from Downing Street this afternoon.

His historical knowledge of the political scene from his early life as a political reporter, context he gives and explaining things to the viewer in a down to earth way is outstanding.

I really hope he remains on our screens when the two channels merge.

He is the rising star of BBC News for the last couple of years, as strange as it sounds for someone of his age and experience. There must be a place for him on the new merged channel, he seems to be on air everyday as it is now.

(25-10-2022, 06:33 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  The closing theme from the Six O Clock News sounded quite 2007

It’s an upbeat version of the closing theme, which is based on what used for London 2012. And there’s also a sombre version - last usage was on the day Russia launched the invasion.
[-] The following 3 users Like Frances's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76, Superman1986

(25-10-2022, 07:00 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  
(25-10-2022, 03:55 PM)Worzel Wrote:  Can I just say how much I'm enjoying watching the Shaun Ley masterclass in reporting and presenting from Downing Street this afternoon.

His historical knowledge of the political scene from his early life as a political reporter, context he gives and explaining things to the viewer in a down to earth way is outstanding.

I really hope he remains on our screens when the two channels merge.

He is the rising star of BBC News for the last couple of years, as strange as it sounds for someone of his age and experience. There must be a place for him on the new merged channel, he seems to be on air everyday as it is now.

I think he's only 52.

I also enjoyed Ley today. He's great on radio 4 too.

Chris Mason is a big fan of the camera pulling from / to him immediately before / after politicians speaking - his report for News at Ten today was absolutely full it.

It appears that they now tend to do the Ten in the studio rather than Downing St for this kinda events since they moved to B…

(25-10-2022, 10:44 PM)Frances Wrote:  It appears that they now tend to do the Ten in the studio rather than Downing St for this kinda events since they moved to B…
And so they should. Better than standing in a dark street with a black door in the frame for half an hour.......

Clive Myrie seems to be missing from the news a lot in recent months. I think his last appearance was around the Queen's funeral, and before then he was having a fair bit of time off. I know he could be taking annual leave or filming MasterMind, or other things, but I really hope he isn't stepping away from news.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, Superman1986

(28-10-2022, 06:25 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Clive Myrie seems to be missing from the news a lot in recent months. I think his last appearance was around the Queen's funeral, and before then he was having a fair bit of time off. I know he could be taking annual leave or filming MasterMind, or other things, but I really hope he isn't stepping away from news.

Noticed he hasn’t been on the one or weekend news
[-] The following 2 users Like Superman1986's post:
  • bkman1990, Rolling News

Wow, what a fail during the Six O Clock News! Apparently Jerry Lee Lewis was born in 2035!! Clearly an error - should have read 1935-2022.

[Image: bbcnewsdeathblooper_screenshot_20221028-185645.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like TVenthusiasm's post:
  • bkman1990, Roger Darthwell
Thread Closed