Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(28-10-2022, 06:25 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Clive Myrie seems to be missing from the news a lot in recent months. I think his last appearance was around the Queen's funeral, and before then he was having a fair bit of time off. I know he could be taking annual leave or filming MasterMind, or other things, but I really hope he isn't stepping away from news.
He's done HIGNYF, he's also been busy a presenter of the Prom, that as well as Mastermind as you've mentioned. Quite the portfolio he's accumulating.
[-] The following 6 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, Ma76, MatthewFirth, Rolling News, Superman1986

Just as a speculated earlier in the week that the Studio B walk was over with Huw, he went and did it last night. It must be a timing thing.
[-] The following 2 users Like robrymond's post:
  • bkman1990, MatthewFirth

And the Martine Croxall episode from the end of last weekend/early this week has made Newswatch.
[-] The following 2 users Like News76's post:

(28-10-2022, 08:52 PM)News76 Wrote:  And the Martine Croxall episode from the end of last weekend/early this week has made Newswatch.

And it also got prime time coverage tonight as it appeared on HIGNFY, so many millions now think Martine was being biased
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:

(28-10-2022, 10:22 PM)Andrew Wrote:  
(28-10-2022, 08:52 PM)News76 Wrote:  And the Martine Croxall episode from the end of last weekend/early this week has made Newswatch.

And it also got prime time coverage tonight as it appeared on HIGNFY, so many millions now think Martine was being biased

That would have been a bit awkward if Clive Myrie was hosting this week.

(28-10-2022, 11:29 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  
(28-10-2022, 10:22 PM)Andrew Wrote:  And it also got prime time coverage tonight as it appeared on HIGNFY, so many millions now think Martine was being biased

That would have been a bit awkward if Clive Myrie was hosting this week.

No, he hosted last week. It was Steph McGovern this week.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(29-10-2022, 08:54 AM)Moz Wrote:  
(28-10-2022, 11:29 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  That would have been a bit awkward if Clive Myrie was hosting this week.

No, he hosted last week. It was Steph McGovern this week.

I know. I was just pointing out how awkward it would have been if he WAS presenting.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:

On the weekend news just now, the LIVE bug and location strap were alternatingly animating on and off rather than being shown at the same time (with the location strap being aligned to the placement of the live bug). Is this a new development I've missed or just an error?

Definitely a new thing.

twitter.com 

(29-10-2022, 05:37 PM)DTV Wrote:  On the weekend news just now, the LIVE bug and location strap were alternatingly animating on and off rather than being shown at the same time (with the location strap being aligned to the placement of the live bug). Is this a new development I've missed or just an error?

It doesn't look right to me... maybe some sort of a technical gremlin? They've had issues with the lower thirds recently where things have been animating on repeatedly when they shouldn't...
Thread Closed