Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

Agreed studio c has lot the specialness thanks to that newsroom backdrop, as the screenshots has shown it dosent look good.

Lucy Grey has been in and out of World News for quite a few years now, usually at weekends, but also with the occasional edition of Impact.

I believe she’s been a radio anchor for several years and agree that she makes it look easy!

It appears that Studio B has made its first non-bulletin appearance with this Rishi Sunak interview.

[Image: image_2022-08-10_202054833.png]

You can see the screens up high being used as screens rather than the simulated studio walls. It all looks rather smart, I must say.
[-] The following 3 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • IanJRedman, Ma76, Stuart

That background looks like it was taken from ITV News.

(10-08-2022, 08:36 PM)GMc Wrote:  That background looks like it was taken from ITV News.

That's true, I think they sometimes use that isometric cube design too - or something similar to that.

(10-08-2022, 08:36 PM)GMc Wrote:  That background looks like it was taken from ITV News.
Not only with the background, with the blue colour of the backgrounds. Terrific buying. They're great, in a visual sense, because of the blue light of the studio - blue light is very kind to the skin lighting wise. I really do think they should incorporate much more blue into BBC News in general.
[-] The following 3 users Like TVFan's post:
  • Allanbuzzy, bilky asko, Stuart

(10-08-2022, 08:58 PM)TVFan Wrote:  
Not only with the background, with the blue colour of the backgrounds. Terrific buying. They're great, in a visual sense, because of the blue light of the studio - blue light is very kind to the skin lighting wise. I really do think they should incorporate much more blue into BBC News in general.

A combination of blue and red would be quite the Sky News '00s throwback. With the theme of red and black, I wonder if they'll go with a secondary colour other than white when they go full-on with the changes to the title sequence, or just leave it all as is?
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • TVFan

Thought Studio B looked well in blue this evening.

Here's a short edit of the programme:

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clean Feed's post:
  • bilky asko

The set looks nice enough there but I think it would have looked better if they'd kept the fake background at balcony level - it's a nice effect which I refused to accept was fake for a number of weeks after it launched and without it the set feels a bit plainer!
[-] The following 4 users Like Critique's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bilky asko, James, Ma76

(10-08-2022, 09:18 PM)Critique Wrote:  The set looks nice enough there but I think it would have looked better if they'd kept the fake background at balcony level - it's a nice effect which I refused to accept was fake for a number of weeks after it launched and without it the set feels a bit plainer!

It would look quite good with a motion tracked virtual set extension on an election night.

Having the glass balcony in front of those screens improve how it looks, even when they're just used as standard screens. But it does spoil the illusion slightly!
Thread Closed