Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

I'm guessing The News Channel has given up on the Midterms then as we've been on Normal Schedule all day.

World news has abandoned the strands today. All bulletins generic World News, with double headed presentation from London and Washington.

Focus on Africa also double headed from London and Egypt.

Did anyone else notice Shaun Ley asleep on the job earlier today on the NC? It happened at 12.16pm, coming out of what must have been a pre-recorded interview about the US midterm elections... cue Shaun, head down, snoozing away, lightly snoring, until the director probably shouted WAKE UP! on talkback. He seemed to gather himself very quickly, but was a couple of minutes out with the timecheck. Earlier he'd slurred his way through a couple of words - Kherson became "KherSHon" and professor became "profeSHor". Maybe he's on medication. Didn't he have a sneezing fit on air a while ago? Thought this latest episode might have gone viral by now, but haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere.

(12-11-2022, 06:07 PM)BeebBoy Wrote:  Did anyone else notice Shaun Ley asleep on the job earlier today on the NC? It happened at 12.16pm, coming out of what must have been a pre-recorded interview about the US midterm elections... cue Shaun, head down, snoozing away, lightly snoring, until the director probably shouted WAKE UP! on talkback. He seemed to gather himself very quickly, but was a couple of minutes out with the timecheck. Earlier he'd slurred his way through a couple of words - Kherson became "KherSHon" and professor became "profeSHor". Maybe he's on medication. Didn't he have a sneezing fit on air a while ago? Thought this latest episode might have gone viral by now, but haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere.
twitter.com 

[-] The following 6 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, DeMarkay, Newsroom, Rolling News, TVFan

That’s a bit worrying, I hope he’s okay.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 5 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, James, Rolling News, UTVLifer

Blimey! Was he actually snoring or mid meditation? Either way, the LIVE newsroom is not the place! Lol.
[-] The following 4 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • bkman1990, Newsroom, Rolling News, UTVLifer

Even news presenters are finding the constant coverage of US politics on non-US broadcasters incredibly boring!
[-] The following 4 users Like Independent's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Nige, UTVLifer

Wouldn't blame him if he was tired, he seems to be on every day, in what must be a stressful and demanding job.

I really am struggling to see the justification for simulcasting Sunday with Laura K on the News Channel. Anyone who wants to watch it will head straight to BBC 1. No money is being saved because the NC and World News are already simulcasting on Sunday mornings anyway, so give viewers a choice - political discussion on BBC 1, or umm, actual News over on the NEWS Channel.
And this morning because Sunday with Laura K was extended by 15 mins, we had an awkward opt into the World News simulcast at 10:15am.
[-] The following 6 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • bkman1990, Independent, Jeff, LargelyALurker, Scratch_Perry, Universal_r

(13-11-2022, 11:46 AM)Radio_man Wrote:  I really am struggling to see the justification for simulcasting Sunday with Laura K on the News Channel. Anyone who wants to watch it will head straight to BBC 1. No money is being saved because the NC and World News are already simulcasting on Sunday mornings anyway, so give viewers a choice - political discussion on BBC 1, or umm, actual News over on the NEWS Channel.
And this morning because Sunday with Laura K was extended by 15 mins, we had an awkward opt into the World News simulcast at 10:15am.

I agree; there's no real justification for a simulcast.  All this is doing is continuing the erosion of the News Channel.
Thread Closed