Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

Pretty unusual on a Monday as well. Unusual appearances are more likely to happen towards the end of the week.

I bet most regions had to go with the network announcement at 10

When browsing on Iplayer, Yorkshire took the network annoucement, but Yorks and Lincs had the BBC News at Ten with Tina Daheley and Peter Levy annoucement.

(14-11-2022, 11:20 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  When browsing on Iplayer, Yorkshire took the network annoucement, but Yorks and Lincs had the BBC News at Ten with Tina Daheley and Peter Levy annoucement.

To be fair they only need one set of announcements always ending in “and Peter Levy” everyone else needs loads of combinations!
[-] The following 6 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, denton, Former Member 406, JamesWorldNews, Spencer, Yorksman

I think it's good that Sunday and Network Bulletins are put on the news channel. It means that people on the news channel don't have to switch over.

It always confused me as to why Marr wasn't on the NC too.

Find me on Twitter: @alfiejmulcahy

(14-11-2022, 11:10 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  The BBC certainly have a good number of news presenters mixing radio with TV now.

Like a lot of things related to BBC News, this is something that seems to go in phases. In the 90s, Anna Ford was simultaneously a regular presenter on the Six and Today; Edward Stourton, Justin Webb, Michael Buerk were all regulars on Radio 4 and BBC1 news at the same time; John Humphrys would also turn up on BBC1 bulletins from time to time.

(14-11-2022, 10:06 PM)News76 Wrote:  More like duplication taking World Bulletins over Network bulletins-watch them force World News America on us during the world cup just because the ten is starting late some evenings.

I'm not sure as to the logic here. How would taking World bulletins over network bulletins be a duplication for UK viewers? Network bulletins are being simultaneously shown on another UK channel while World bulletins aren't.
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • Former Member 406, Stuart

(14-11-2022, 11:17 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Pretty unusual on a Monday as well. Unusual appearances are more likely to happen towards the end of the week.

I noticed at the end of tonight's bulletin on the "Nations and Regions wall", the News Channel with Lukwesa Burak (in the BBC World-used studio) was shown; is that a first?

In place of a region whose feed failed?

(14-11-2022, 11:48 PM)Scratch_Perry Wrote:  
(14-11-2022, 11:17 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Pretty unusual on a Monday as well. Unusual appearances are more likely to happen towards the end of the week.

I noticed at the end of tonight's bulletin on the "Nations and Regions wall", the News Channel with Lukwesa Burak (in the BBC World-used studio) was shown; is that a first?

That's happened before as Shaun Ley's also had a game of News Studio Squares.

I believe it may have been due to the merged Norwich/Cambridge programme last night.

Found this RE: the merger from Private Eye whilst looking for another article - it's from July, but I thought it might interest some here:

[Image: bbc%20merger.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kojak's post:
  • Former Member 406
Thread Closed