Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(10-08-2022, 09:02 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  Thought Studio B looked well in blue this evening.

Here's a short edit of the programme:

www.youtube.com 

Pity about the lack of hanging punctuation on the quote. 

Alex4D
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alex4D's post:
  • Stuart

I wasn't initially a fan of the refurbished Studio B set (apart from the nice cameras), as it all looked rather bland. I guess that's not a problem, as it's a news broadcast, not a 'shiny floor' entertainment show.

However, we're now seeing some versitility, and when BBC News rebrands next year perhaps we'll see some imagination in how they present that to the viewer.  They seem to have an abundance of tech in there, and I think they've possibly only scratched the surface of what it's all capable of doing.   Big Grin

(10-08-2022, 08:41 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  
(10-08-2022, 08:36 PM)GMc Wrote:  That background looks like it was taken from ITV News.

That's true, I think they sometimes use that isometric cube design too - or something similar to that.

They used to use something like that on the ITV Lunchtime News when it got extended to an hour in 2005...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Catch me on:
Andover Radio: Weekdays from 7am-10am
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
[-] The following 3 users Like Rob Francis's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, Ma76

(11-08-2022, 10:25 AM)Rob Francis Wrote:  
(10-08-2022, 08:41 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  
(10-08-2022, 08:36 PM)GMc Wrote:  That background looks like it was taken from ITV News.

That's true, I think they sometimes use that isometric cube design too - or something similar to that.

They used to use something like that on the ITV Lunchtime News when it got extended to an hour in 2005...

That's exactly what I was thinking, Rob. A mix of 2005 and 2013 ITV News graphics.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GMc's post:
  • Rob Francis

I’m not sure I like how close to the screen they’re sitting. It means the depth of field is pretty poor, making it feel more claustrophobic. But they haven’t really got much choice with the robotic cameras set, unless they have the option to swap out the desk and sit there instead.

The depth of field issue is the same in the correspondent’s chair. The backdrop is too sharp. In Studio E, it is artificially blurred to make the set look bigger.

(11-08-2022, 12:16 PM)chris Wrote:  I’m not sure I like how close to the screen they’re sitting. It means the depth of field is pretty poor, making it feel more claustrophobic. But they haven’t really got much choice with the robotic cameras set, unless they have the option to swap out the desk and sit there instead.

The depth of field issue is the same in the correspondent’s chair. The backdrop is too sharp. In Studio E, it is artificially blurred to make the set look bigger.

The very high quality screens should mean they could simulate this sort of effect rather effectively, should they decide to.

What’s the reason for BBC London to be coming from Studio A? Has D closed completely now? Sorry if I’ve missed this already.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chud's post:
  • Superman1986

(11-08-2022, 09:17 PM)Chud Wrote:  What’s the reason for BBC London to be coming from Studio A? Has D closed completely now? Sorry if I’ve missed this already.

I think there was the suggestion on here that D might be getting a refit. That said I've not spotted anything from Chris Cook or other insiders on Twitter to confirm or deny this. BBC London is due to be moving into B in the near future, sharing with the Six/Ten. I doubt it would close completely, as I seem to recall D is in a different fire zone to studios A-C and E.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • Chud, Ma76

I’ve lost track where we are with studios and their intended use. I assume the new news channel will come from E but not sure I’ve seen that confirmed?

A - virtual
B - BBC One bulletins / London / Kuenssberg / specials
C - ?
D - ?
E - new BBC News channel?

who the hell is in charge of the news graphics?

twitter.com 
Thread Closed