Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

They stopped using their late news titles too

Justin Rowlatt getting a bit animated there!
[-] The following 1 user Likes IanJRedman's post:
  • Moz

It's just such a shame that Dateline London is axed. Watching the show now and I'm reminded what an integral part of BBC World weekends it is. With familiar faces, international journalists with years of experience and knowledge, this is a show where you actually get to hear interesting, insightful opinions and thoughts. Not just your daily talking heads repeating their well rehearsed lines. Plus, with Shaun Ley at helm, the show is at its peak imo. I wish the show could be saved, they can axe that bland and boring Context.
[-] The following 6 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, JamesWorldNews, Moz, Roger Darthwell, Stuart, TVFan

(11-08-2022, 09:17 PM)Chud Wrote:  What’s the reason for BBC London to be coming from Studio A? Has D closed completely now? Sorry if I’ve missed this already.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • Chud, Ma76, Superman1986

(13-08-2022, 09:55 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  
(11-08-2022, 09:17 PM)Chud Wrote:  What’s the reason for BBC London to be coming from Studio A? Has D closed completely now? Sorry if I’ve missed this already.

twitter.com 

They’ve had that set since 2014, a refurbished is needed but will also be nice

But if they’re moving into Studio B, what is D being refurbished for? Back-up for D?

(13-08-2022, 11:57 PM)chris Wrote:  But if they’re moving into Studio B, what is D being refurbished for? Back-up for D?

Assuming it's going to house the News Channel while E is being refitted for the merged NC & BBC World channel. By "refurbished" I'd guess she means the equipment is being upgraded - don't think they'd bother refitting a studio which is hardly going to be used after the merger
[-] The following 2 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • Ma76, Stuart

The NC is in Studio A this afternoon... It seems there are fewer discussions of studio decamps recently (back in TVL Forum), ever since 2022 studio decamps have become more frequent for random reasons... For example, we now have frequent decamps to Studio E for the overnight bulletins every Thursday
[Image: 0c411ff1700f53b8f46687ed7bb34974-png.jpg]

Meanwhile on WN there is a special programme right now "Fall on Kabul - One Year On"
[Image: 30c5a60091b764a784669deb9f561cba.png]
[Image: 26b4a0602915cc6973940946c4976651.png]

The Fall on Kabul programme with Yalda Hakim also replaced the 1pm hour on the News Channel, though the switch to Studio C was few seconds late, so a glimpse of Clive Myrie was seen briefly.

Impact had the end of the bbc news clock which in my mind I thought was a simulcast on bbc news as well but I imagine studio E gallery was still in use whilst the actual news channel decamped to another studio.
Thread Closed