Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(23-11-2022, 06:08 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Why did they move BBC London News out of Studio D?  BBC following ITV News footsteps in having the London regional news in the main BBC network news studio. Surely having their own dedicated studio for London would not be too costly?
I believe that current broadcasts from either C or E will move into there during their respective refurbishments.

Part of the long titles used for the BBC News at One before fading into the trundle cam shot as usual.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(25-11-2022, 01:37 PM)Josh Wrote:  Part of the long titles used for the BBC News at One before fading into the trundle cam shot as usual.

It actually looked surprisingly good. If the BBC News box appeared a fraction later it would've been even slicker.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Worzel's post:
  • Josh

Clive Myrie made his first appearance on the Ten tonight for a while.
Now he’s a guest on the Graham Norton Show!
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, News76

(25-11-2022, 11:47 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Clive Myrie made his first appearance on the Ten tonight for a while.
I was literally about to ask why he was appearing everywhere other than The Six/Ten when i saw the tweet saying he was on the Graham Norton show earlier (before his return to the Ten tonight happened.)
[-] The following 2 users Like News76's post:
  • bkman1990, Rolling News

Luxmy Gopal on BBC One bulletins this evening. She does seem to be tipped for big things within BBC News.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, Newsroom

(26-11-2022, 08:22 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Luxmy Gopal on BBC One bulletins this evening. She does seem to be tipped for big things within BBC News.
She’s great! Out of curiosity, what gives you the impression she’s tipped for bigger things?

I said the same about Christian Fraser years ago and predicted he’d be a contender to join the nationals… my crystal ball has yet to come up with the goods. ;-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • Rolling News

(25-11-2022, 11:47 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Clive Myrie made his first appearance on the Ten tonight for a while.

And now he's doing the T&Cs on Strictly!

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(26-11-2022, 08:30 PM)Josh Wrote:  
(25-11-2022, 11:47 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Clive Myrie made his first appearance on the Ten tonight for a while.

And now he's doing the T&Cs on Strictly!

He appears to be everywhere but the newsroom at the moment (last night aside)

(26-11-2022, 08:29 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(26-11-2022, 08:22 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Luxmy Gopal on BBC One bulletins this evening. She does seem to be tipped for big things within BBC News.
She’s great! Out of curiosity, what gives you the impression she’s tipped for bigger things?

I said the same about Christian Fraser years ago and predicted he’d be a contender to join the nationals… my crystal ball has yet to come up with the goods. ;-)
Has Christian ever done the Saturday network bulletins? (That tends to be where you get unusual names on One). If not, I agree, really surprising as I’d also predict him to be a contender. 

Luxmy is lovely so very pleased she’s getting the opportunities - she’s just semi-permanently joined London from Leeds, so we may see even more of her.
Thread Closed