Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(26-11-2022, 08:29 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(26-11-2022, 08:22 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Luxmy Gopal on BBC One bulletins this evening. She does seem to be tipped for big things within BBC News.
She’s great! Out of curiosity, what gives you the impression she’s tipped for bigger things?

I said the same about Christian Fraser years ago and predicted he’d be a contender to join the nationals… my crystal ball has yet to come up with the goods. ;-)

She did the Sunday evening bulletin last weekend as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like Yorksman's post:
  • bkman1990, Newsroom

There might be an unusual presenter tomorrow as well as the ‘teatime’ bulletin is at 3:15pm

(26-11-2022, 09:00 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  
(26-11-2022, 08:29 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  She’s great! Out of curiosity, what gives you the impression she’s tipped for bigger things?

I said the same about Christian Fraser years ago and predicted he’d be a contender to join the nationals… my crystal ball has yet to come up with the goods. ;-)

She did the Sunday evening bulletin last weekend as well.
Yea this has happened before when the early evening bulletin airs a little too early for the ‘Ten’ presenter.

Why is Clive Myrie all of a sudden on entertainment shows such as Graham Norton and now Strictly? Has he a book coming out?

(26-11-2022, 08:38 PM)steve Wrote:  
(26-11-2022, 08:29 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  She’s great! Out of curiosity, what gives you the impression she’s tipped for bigger things?

Has Christian ever done the Saturday network bulletins? (That tends to be where you get unusual names on One). If not, I agree, really surprising as I’d also predict him to be a contender. 

Luxmy is lovely so very pleased she’s getting the opportunities - she’s just semi-permanently joined London from Leeds, so we may see even more of her.
I think Christian has only ever done the ‘One’ when he’s been on location. I don’t recall him presenting the weekend bulletins.

I distinctly remembered he did one in December 2017, and have found this:

m.youtube.com 

(26-11-2022, 08:29 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(26-11-2022, 08:22 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Luxmy Gopal on BBC One bulletins this evening. She does seem to be tipped for big things within BBC News.
She’s great! Out of curiosity, what gives you the impression she’s tipped for bigger things?

She just seems to be doing the rounds a lot lately and TPTB seem to like her. But like you say, we will see!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • Newsroom

Interestingly it seems tonight The News Channel has taken the late BBC1 Bulletin-the past few Saturdays when they have been simulcasting they haven't so it seems it can be done.

(26-11-2022, 09:53 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  I distinctly remembered he did one in December 2017, and have found this:

m.youtube.com 

She just seems to be doing the rounds a lot lately and TPTB seem to like her. But like you say, we will see!
Wow! How the hell did you find that? Seems strange he’s not been utilised further when he really is an extremely good asset.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • Rolling News

(26-11-2022, 11:20 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Wow! How the hell did you find that? Seems strange he’s not been utilised further when he really is an extremely good asset.

Fraser's good, but I think he'd be better suited to moving full time to Newsnight, which he's done occasionally. He's tended to do more discussion/analytical programmes in recent years and has a pressing but non-aggresive tone not dissimilar to Derbyshire. Feel he'd fit in quite well there and might be a bit wasted on network bulletins. It's also not like network have a particular presenter shortage at the minute - by my count a roster of eight core presenters.
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(26-11-2022, 09:06 PM)Andrew Wrote:  There might be an unusual presenter tomorrow as well as the ‘teatime’ bulletin is at 3:15pm

Would you say Mishal Husain is an unusual presenter for the Sunday teatime bulletin?
[-] The following 3 users Like Scratch_Perry's post:
  • CF1, Rolling News, Superman1986
Thread Closed