Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(27-11-2022, 07:40 PM)Scratch_Perry Wrote:  
(26-11-2022, 09:06 PM)Andrew Wrote:  There might be an unusual presenter tomorrow as well as the ‘teatime’ bulletin is at 3:15pm

Would you say Mishal Husain is an unusual presenter for the Sunday teatime bulletin?
Considering the ‘teatime’ bulletin was on at 15.15 yes it was unusual to see Mishal Husain on at least 7 hours before the Sunday ‘Ten’.

Some rumours on social media are suggesting the BBC’s China cameraman Edward Lawrence is arrested by the police in Shanghai when covering an anti-government protest there… He previously worked for BBC Westminster.

twitter.com 

UPDATE: The BBC confirmed it’s him.

twitter.com 

John McAndrew is to return to BBC News as Director of News Programmes, reporting directly to Deborah Turness.

www.bbc.co.uk 

Is it the norm for Outside Source to conduct a two way with the guest also ‘allegedly’ in the newsroom on the balcony just yards away? Looks very strange.

[Image: EC113706-BF86-4B0D-BF82-CE7618A92525.jpeg]

(28-11-2022, 09:21 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Is it the norm for Outside Source to conduct a two way with the guest also ‘allegedly’ in the newsroom on the balcony just yards away? Looks very strange.

Would look even stranger to have Nuala McGovern shouting across the newsroom to her guest.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, Independent, Newsroom

(28-11-2022, 09:29 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  
(28-11-2022, 09:21 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Is it the norm for Outside Source to conduct a two way with the guest also ‘allegedly’ in the newsroom on the balcony just yards away? Looks very strange.

Would look even stranger to have Nuala McGovern shouting across the newsroom to her guest.
Ha! Indeed! The lighting is off, they look on different levels, it’s just not working for me hence it caught my eye.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • Rolling News

I believe that since Outside Source returned to the balcony they only use limited 'locked off' shots and no longer have a small crew as per the 'touchscreen' era. It looks to me as if the guest is actually in the newsroom, but I suspect it would be easier to just DtL to another part of the newsroom rather than disrupt the balcony set-up for a single interview. It does look a bit odd, but I suspect this is why.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • Newsroom, Stuart, UTVLifer

For the image on the right. Is it me or does it look like the usual regular down the line position from when the move in 2013 or has that been deactivated / mothballed?

(28-11-2022, 10:02 PM)AaronLancs Wrote:  For the image on the right. Is it me or does it look like the usual regular down the line position from when the move in 2013 or has that been deactivated / mothballed?
I thought so first of all, but am sure you can usually see studio E in the usual dtl shot, unless it’s been tightly cropped for OS.

I'm sure I saw a post on Twitter last week of an interviewee showing how close they were to the presenter, but I can't seem to find it. Definitely a real live shot.

Find me on Twitter: @alfiejmulcahy
Thread Closed