Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(28-11-2022, 10:10 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I thought so first of all, but am sure you can usually see studio E in the usual dtl shot, unless it’s been tightly cropped for OS.

Given E now goes off air at 18:00, it might be that a darkened studio doesn't look as good in the backdrop.

(28-11-2022, 10:10 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(28-11-2022, 10:02 PM)AaronLancs Wrote:  For the image on the right. Is it me or does it look like the usual regular down the line position from when the move in 2013 or has that been deactivated / mothballed?
I thought so first of all, but am sure you can usually see studio E in the usual dtl shot, unless it’s been tightly cropped for OS.
It must be same shot but tightly cropped. I think the positioning of the glass partition that I have highlighted in red gives it away. (With apologies to you for the original image)

[Image: EC113706-BF86-4B0D-BF82-CE7618A92525_kin...019391.jpg]

A rare instance of World and the NC staying separate during a scheduled simulcast hour this morning. No 10am simulcast, presumably due to the speech from Kier Starmer and Gordon Brown that's going out on the NC.

Although big UK political news hasn't stopped simulcasts before in recent months.
[-] The following 2 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • bkman1990, Roger Darthwell

A bugbear of mine is that when there is a simulcast (i.e, Breakfast on BBC One/News Channel; BBC News on BBC Two/News Channel) and the presenter is interviewing someone and they then have to interrupt that interview to state that one channel is leaving the simulcast. Is there any reason why the presenter can't carry out the said interview when the simulcast is ended, rather than one channel being cut away before the end of the interview? In my opinion, whilst it's purely unintentional, cutting off an interview to say that one channel is leaving the simulcast comes across as a bit unprofessional.

A continuity announcer might be better, so you only interrupt the channel that is leaving the broadcast.

That's a point that I don't think I've seen so far - World and the Domestic News channel operate quite differently, World has a pres operation at RedBee, NC has a router cuts between studios at NBH. When the merger happens, will RedBee get involved with the NC if it's effectively an opt out from World?

Straight into the News at 6 this evening with no headlines due to the bulletin being shortened to 15 minutes.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(09-12-2022, 07:01 PM)Josh Wrote:  Straight into the News at 6 this evening with no headlines due to the bulletin being shortened to 15 minutes.

No titles either. Might as well have come from E for such a short bulletin.

Bit strange there were no opening titles

(09-12-2022, 12:53 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  That's a point that I don't think I've seen so far - World and the Domestic News channel operate quite differently, World has a pres operation at RedBee, NC has a router cuts between studios at NBH.  When the merger happens, will RedBee get involved with the NC if it's effectively an opt out from World?

That would seem to add cost rather than remove it. Given they manage at the moment and it will presumably be a single UK feed I can't see a reason to change the way it currently works.
Thread Closed