Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

It's a raw, human moment. You have to be made of stone to read that kind of news without any sort of reaction. Besides, this is not the case of fake crying for attention that's so typical of US news media.

Joanna is one of BBC's finest.
[-] The following 7 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, Former Member 406, Kojak, Newsroom, Rexogamer, Tsigriwa

I mean, it’s hardly ‘breaking down’. I thought she did incredibly well to compose herself at what is just awful news. Any person, and certainly any parent, will feel the sadness acutely, and presenters are only human.
[-] The following 4 users Like steve's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, James, Newsroom

When Bradley Lowery died the coverage was similarly emotionally stinted:
www.facebook.com 

Although Lowery's death wasn't entirely unexpected due to his condition, it was one of those "feelgood journey" stories which are always emotional when they come to an end.

(12-12-2022, 07:26 PM)steve Wrote:  I mean, it’s hardly ‘breaking down’. I thought she did incredibly well to compose herself at what is just awful news. Any person, and certainly any parent, will feel the sadness acutely, and presenters are only human.
Well exactly. Any human would have reacted the same way, and certainly someone with children as Joanna does. 

To be honest I've no idea why there is always a debate or it's picked up on when a presenter shows emotion. THEY ARE HUMAN like the rest of us. 

I distinctly remember Jane Hill getting emotional, as well as countless others.
[-] The following 6 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, James, Jeff, Kojak, Rexogamer

(12-12-2022, 05:40 PM)Dadeki Wrote:  Joanna's reaction reminds me somewhat of when an emotional Martyn Lewis broke the initial news of when Diana, Princess of Wales had crashed (but not yet died) on the night of 31 August 1997.

www.youtube.com 

I think you’ve got confused with the moment he broke down commentating on Tony Blair’s tribute to Diana…

youtu.be 

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

Joanna is a human, but apparently American presenters are "acting" if they have a "emotional moment". Geez.

(12-12-2022, 08:52 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(12-12-2022, 07:26 PM)steve Wrote:  I mean, it’s hardly ‘breaking down’. I thought she did incredibly well to compose herself at what is just awful news. Any person, and certainly any parent, will feel the sadness acutely, and presenters are only human.
Well exactly. Any human would have reacted the same way, and certainly someone with children as Joanna does. 

To be honest I've no idea why there is always a debate or it's picked up on when a presenter shows emotion. THEY ARE HUMAN like the rest of us. 

I distinctly remember Jane Hill getting emotional, as well as countless others.

It’s accepted nowadays too, in a way that perhaps wasn’t many years ago. I remember Alastair Stewart talking about how he kept having to pinch his leg to stop himself from crying whilst presenting coverage of the Beslan
school massacre in 2004.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, mouseboy33, Moz

Just caught what I thought was a blooper but on playing it back a few times sounds like it could be an automated mistake?

up.metropol247.co.uk 

One thing that does bug me a bit about the new set is the flat backdrop - with the general high techness of the rest of set, it does feel a bit outdated to have a 2D background that doesn't move with the cameras. Sort of spoils the effect of the high-pitch LEDs, particularly when viewed side on (such as when throwing to the weather). You don't even need a 3D model, you can get a similar effect from layered 2D images. I'm sure it is a bit more difficult from a technical perspective, but in a studio with tracked robot cameras and in a building that already uses AR/VR engines, it can't be impossible.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, chevron, chris

(14-12-2022, 06:39 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Just caught what I thought was a blooper but on playing it back a few times sounds like it could be an automated mistake?

up.metropol247.co.uk 

What is the error that is to be spotted in that clip?
Thread Closed