Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(14-12-2022, 08:09 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  
(14-12-2022, 06:39 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Just caught what I thought was a blooper but on playing it back a few times sounds like it could be an automated mistake?

up.metropol247.co.uk 

What is the error that is to be spotted in that clip?

I can only presume its the cut to the studio before the announcer has finished talking.
Which is pretty much not a "blooper" by any stretch of the imagination to my mind.  Its just a very minor timing error.
[-] The following 3 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, Jayesyn

(14-12-2022, 08:09 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  
(14-12-2022, 06:39 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Just caught what I thought was a blooper but on playing it back a few times sounds like it could be an automated mistake?

up.metropol247.co.uk 

What is the error that is to be spotted in that clip?
Surely it's obvious? It wasn't 6pm. The bulletin aired at 5.30 due to the football. It wasn't a 6 branded programme yet the announcer said it was 6.

(14-12-2022, 08:59 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  
(14-12-2022, 08:09 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  What is the error that is to be spotted in that clip?

I can only presume its the cut to the studio before the announcer has finished talking.
Which is pretty much not a "blooper" by any stretch of the imagination to my mind.  Its just a very minor timing error.
Nope, it wasn't a 6. It aired at 5.30. No branding and the announcer said it was 6.

The length of the Six is all over the place next week

The last full length one you’d think is on Tuesday, with Wednesday reduced to 20 mins (with 25 mins regional) and then on Thursday reduced further to 15 mins (with 15 mins regional)

But then on Friday it oddly goes back up to a full length 30 mins

(On ITV it’s a more logical wind down, an hour until Wednesday, 30 mins Thursday, 15 mins Friday)

Seems to be caused by scheduling then anything else, as they are squeezing in A Question of Sport before The One Show on Thursday at 6:30

I don't understand why the news is being cut next week when it's a normal working week.

(15-12-2022, 12:16 AM)London Lite Wrote:  I don't understand why the news is being cut next week when it's a normal working week.

The reduction on Wednesday is down to Sports Personality of the Year being on air from 6.45pm.

This is normally on a Sunday, but for obvious reasons, is been put back to Wednesday from the preceding Sunday.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scratch_Perry's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, CF1, London Lite

(15-12-2022, 01:17 AM)Scratch_Perry Wrote:  
(15-12-2022, 12:16 AM)London Lite Wrote:  I don't understand why the news is being cut next week when it's a normal working week.

The reduction on Wednesday is down to Sports Personality of the Year being on air from 6.45pm.

This is normally on a Sunday, but for obvious reasons, is been put back to Wednesday from the preceding Sunday.

Obvious reasons? Not obvious to me!?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

Presumably because Gary Lineker is in Qatar on Sunday.
[-] The following 2 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1

(15-12-2022, 12:45 PM)Moz Wrote:  
(15-12-2022, 01:17 AM)Scratch_Perry Wrote:  The reduction on Wednesday is down to Sports Personality of the Year being on air from 6.45pm.

World Cup final.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, Moz

(15-12-2022, 12:45 PM)Moz Wrote:  
(15-12-2022, 01:17 AM)Scratch_Perry Wrote:  The reduction on Wednesday is down to Sports Personality of the Year being on air from 6.45pm.

It’s not on Sunday because of the World Cup Final. Gary Lineker and Gabby Logan have to be given a chance to return from Qatar to present the programme, hence the switch to Wednesday night.
[-] The following 2 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1

(15-12-2022, 12:56 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  
(15-12-2022, 12:45 PM)Moz Wrote:  Obvious reasons? Not obvious to me!?

It’s not on Sunday because of the World Cup Final. Gary Lineker and Gabby Logan have to be given a chance to return from Qatar to present the programme, hence the switch to Wednesday night.
And Alex Scott.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scratch_Perry's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, CF1
Thread Closed