Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(15-12-2022, 04:33 PM)Scratch_Perry Wrote:  
(15-12-2022, 12:56 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  It’s not on Sunday because of the World Cup Final. Gary Lineker and Gabby Logan have to be given a chance to return from Qatar to present the programme, hence the switch to Wednesday night.
And Alex Scott.
I think Logan has probably left Qatar, haven’t seen her on a highlights programme for a while Alex Scott and Mark Chapman did the last couple.

(15-12-2022, 12:16 AM)London Lite Wrote:  I don't understand why the news is being cut next week when it's a normal working week.

Except from what i'm seeing the schools are closedfor a fortnight after tomorrow and some work places (essential  workplaces aside) are going into shut down mode and the Xmas schedules appear to be starting on the Thursday/Friday next week.

and as people have already said the short News at Six next Wednesday is due to Sports Personailty of the Year starting at 6:45 on BBC1.
[-] The following 2 users Like News76's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1

Forgive me for not knowing the ins and outs of the News Channel's schedule - but it looks like OS only ran from 1900 to 2030 this evening. We then had Ben Brown presenting what seemed to be a UK-focussed half hour, from a slightly different balcony position (looking a bit pallid thanks to the lighting).

Is this normal, or a festive adjustment, or have I perhaps caught a pilot for the 'opting out for UK stories' feature of the new joint service?

(15-12-2022, 10:07 PM)thegeek Wrote:  Forgive me for not knowing the ins and outs of the News Channel's schedule - but it looks like OS only ran from 1900 to 2030 this evening. We then had Ben Brown presenting what seemed to be a UK-focussed half hour, from a slightly different balcony position (looking a bit pallid thanks to the lighting).

Is this normal, or a festive adjustment, or have I perhaps caught a pilot for the 'opting out for UK stories' feature of the new joint service?

I think it usually goes UK-focussed in that half hour as BBC World News shows the full edition of Sport Today at 20:30.

Would it normally be a different presenter? Lewis V-J did the rest of OS, and it was billed as the whole two hours in the EPG.

(14-12-2022, 11:08 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(14-12-2022, 08:09 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  What is the error that is to be spotted in that clip?
Surely it's obvious? It wasn't 6pm. The bulletin aired at 5.30 due to the football. It wasn't a 6 branded programme yet the announcer said it was 6.

Not really, as I don't tend to check the timestamp of every post as I read them, and there were no other clues as to what the error was. Indeed, an "automated mistake" is an odd way to day that the wrong announcement was selected.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • Jayesyn

(16-12-2022, 06:53 AM)thegeek Wrote:  Would it normally be a different presenter? Lewis V-J did the rest of OS, and it was billed as the whole two hours in the EPG.

Yes, it is usually presented by the late BBC NC presenter rather than the OS presenter. It's just one of those curiousities with BBC News scheduling where the listed programme doesn't fully match up with reality - like the 05:30 'World Business Report' which is branded on air as a standard BBC News bulletin despite having a business focus, or how the BBC News at Ten hour was listed as a single hour-long programme during the N6 days despite very obviously being the News at Ten followed by 30 minutes of News channel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DTV's post:
  • bkman1990

Re the Christmas trees that usually turn up in the newsroom.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like News76's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, London Lite

I was watching the last bit of the Ten tonight. I didn't see the Christmas Tree in B. Is it near the main news desk?

(16-12-2022, 11:34 AM)News76 Wrote:  Re the Christmas trees that usually turn up in the newsroom.

twitter.com 

One would guess the tree in B will be the one which used to sit on the weather balcony.
Thread Closed