Rolling over the CNN news thread from TV Live Forum.

Still testing the 9pm slot with no permanent presenter yet. Laura Coates seems to be the most prominent presenter on the slot so far though they did have Kasie Hunt do the slot a few weeks ago. Can't be long though before Laura gets some presenting slot since she seems to be used the most on cover. Another thing I noticed is that New Day seems to have use less double headed presentation over the last few weeks. Mostly it has been coming from New York though New Day Weekend seems to be doubled headed from Washington and New York/Or Atlanta.

(01-08-2022, 06:25 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Rolling over the CNN news thread from TV Live Forum.

Still testing the 9pm slot with no permanent presenter yet. Laura Coates seems to be the most prominent presenter on the slot so far though they did have Kasie Hunt do the slot a few weeks ago. Can't be long though before Laura gets some presenting slot since she seems to be used the most on cover. Another thing I noticed is that New Day seems to have use less double headed presentation over the last few weeks. Mostly it has been coming from New York though New Day Weekend seems to be doubled headed from Washington and New York/Or Atlanta.

Hmmm, not sure you're right about New Day, if anything it appears that Brianna has moved to New York. She's been presenting from NYC for at least two full weeks and this week is joined by John Avlon. 

It'll make sense for New Day Weekend to announce a permanent replacement for Cristi Paul and base her out of Washington. The very fact that Boris Sanchez only made one visit to Atlanta since he got the role says something.

I'd like to see Kate Bolduan take a crack at the 9pm slot. 

Is it bad that I don’t know a single anchor from all those mentioned so far in this thread? CNN feels unrecognizable to me these days.

Where’s Fionualla, Tumi and Ralitsa?
[-] The following 2 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • Deri, ginnyfan

(04-08-2022, 06:36 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Is it bad that I don’t know a single anchor from all those mentioned so far in this thread? CNN feels unrecognizable to me these days.

Where’s Fionualla, Tumi and Ralitsa?

Long gone sadly.

Brianna Keilar is on CNNI 2 hours a day during the week with John Berman. The others you wouldn’t know unless you watched Domestic. 

Kate Bolduan did a show pre Covid covering politics on CNNI, I can’t recall the name.

You're not missing much, James. Even the CNNI people are uninspiring, to say the least. New Day, Julia, Zain etc, except for Becky, European afternoons are unwatchable. Dodgy

Plus Isa is no Hala. Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes ginnyfan's post:
  • JamesWorldNews

Becky and Fionualla were a brilliant pairing, Rados. Back in the day when Becky only anchored business segments.

The London days of Juanita Philips, Veronica Pedrosa, Questy and Monita/Max Adrian/Mallika......

I still far prefer today’s London output compared to Atlanta/Other US. The London sets are quite amazing in fact.

Oddly enough, it took me a while to warm to Hala Gorani. Years, in fact.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesWorldNews's post:
  • The_IT_Technician

(01-08-2022, 06:25 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Rolling over the CNN news thread from TV Live Forum.

Laura Coates is definitely a strong contender for a primetime show. Sara Sidner is also a strong candidate for something permanent. She has covered CNN Tonight, New Day Weekend, and Amanpour and has done a great job with each. Kasie Hunt seems like the least likely to get a politics show without someone being bumped. For New Day Weekend Amara Walker feels like the natural choice since she was Christi Paul’s go-to cover anchor. 

New Day is definitely in experimental mode. It’s subtle but you can tell they’re testing new ideas. Brianna Keilar being in New York makes a huge difference. Still not crazy about John Avlon guest anchoring. I wonder how long until we know if John Berman and Brianna are still going to be anchoring the show.

As for CNNI, when was the last time Becky Anderson was in Abu Dhabi? Seems like all of the clips on the Connect the World twitter are either Becky in London or Eleni Giokis in Dubai. 

And Kate Bolduan’s CNNI show was “State of the Race”, then “State of America”.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • Newsroom

Noticed that for the first time in quite a while today, New Day was done in separate locations with John in New York and Brianna Keilar in Washington. That run with both of them in New York has now ended!

EDIT: Brianna back in New York today after her day in Washington.

Jeffrey Toobin has left CNN after 20 years as a legal commentator.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • EastCoast

SOTU is coming Live out of New York today with Brianna Keilar utilising Studio 21L, the home of A360. Looks far much better in New York than it does in Washington. Hope it becomes more regular.

I think it's another 'pointer' that Keilar has in fact relocated to NYC.

[Image: IMG_4048.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, TMD_24