Talk TV

This thread is to talk about TalkTV.

Jeremy Kyle will be filling in for Piers over the summer. Should be interesting to see how it goes and who fills in for Piers during the holidays when Kyle’s got his new prime time show (I assume starting in September).

deadline.com 

Do we know where Kyle's show will fit into the schedule? It's going to have to take the place of either News Desk, Piers or The Talk if it's prime time

(31-07-2022, 02:12 PM)thomalex Wrote:  Do we know where Kyle's show will fit into the schedule? It's going to have to take the place of either News Desk, Piers or The Talk if it's prime time

There were rumours I think that it would displace The News Desk, which would move to 9pm. Not sure how true this is.

According to this article (which you can't fully read without being a subscriber), GB News & Talk TV are in a 'bidding war' for a higher slot on the EPG on Virgin Media.

www.telegraph.co.uk 

They both want the coveted '604' slot. Currently GB News is at 626 with Talk TV at 627. 604 would put them between Sky News & BBC Parliament.

(31-07-2022, 07:10 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  According to this article (which you can't fully read without being a subscriber), GB News & Talk TV are in a 'bidding war' for a higher slot on the EPG on Virgin Media.

www.telegraph.co.uk 

They both want the coveted '604' slot.  Currently GB News is at 626 with Talk TV at 627. 604 would put them between Sky News & BBC Parliament.
Haven’t got a subscription so can’t read but if they’re basing it partially on viewer numbers then GB News surely takes it, if they’re basing it purely on money then I’d say TalkTV probably has more in the pot

(31-07-2022, 09:52 PM)TVViewer256 Wrote:  
(31-07-2022, 07:10 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  According to this article (which you can't fully read without being a subscriber), GB News & Talk TV are in a 'bidding war' for a higher slot on the EPG on Virgin Media.

www.telegraph.co.uk 

They both want the coveted '604' slot.  Currently GB News is at 626 with Talk TV at 627. 604 would put them between Sky News & BBC Parliament.
Haven’t got a subscription so can’t read but if they’re basing it partially on viewer numbers then GB News surely takes it, if they’re basing it purely on money then I’d say TalkTV probably has more in the pot

A site like 12ft.io, or some creative refreshing of the page and stopping the loading should assist you in reading that article.

With Virgin Media it is money that counts, not viewers.

Their EPG policy is:

www.virginmedia.com 

"VM may exercise its discretion to offer vacant slots on the basis of a competitive tender,
through the issue of a Request for Proposals (‘RFP’)"

(01-08-2022, 08:26 PM)RR1 Wrote:  With Virgin  Media it is money that counts, not viewers.

Their EPG policy is:

www.virginmedia.com 

"VM may exercise its discretion to offer vacant slots on the basis of a competitive tender,
through the issue of a Request for Proposals (‘RFP’)"
If money’s the object I’d be surprised if TalkTV lose. Certainly seems as if they’ve got a little more behind them on the finance front.

With Kyle on Piers Morgan Uncensored, tonight's show was 100% UK centric.

(01-08-2022, 09:25 PM)London Lite Wrote:  With Kyle on Piers Morgan Uncensored, tonight's show was 100% UK centric.

Is it taking a break from the US & Australian broadcast?

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread