Thread Closed

ITV (Wider Group) Branding

(22-09-2022, 05:28 PM)rick Wrote:  Oh great, just what we need, more live action idents!

I wonder if a new look/logo is on the way in 2023, will we finally see the end of UTV as a brand? Would be the perfect time to do it.

Don't think so. The current logo is still OK, but maybe dropping the three-segment teal version instead of the plain version used for the other channels, ITV Studios and ITVX. I'm not expecting a full flown rebrand, but maybe just a refresh of the current ITV Creates presentation to reflect the new idents' premise, which they could also make it more in line with ITVX's brand identity.

And, sadly, this could finally see the end of UTV to fully launch ITV Northern Ireland; they may also film idents over NI (as they promised when ITV took over UTV, but they would end only rebadging the 2013 idents).

Itv 3 and itv 4 had the same idents far too long but still find itv2s worse of the set hope out of them all itv2 gets new look.

Preferred the 2013 look with red logo. The black screen to advertise shows just looks bad now with mass itv 2 mini logos on it.
Itv be idents also poor looking.

Seems all new ident packages for any channel start off well then get messed about with over time and spoils the effect sadly.
Remember the original BBC balloon idents then they spoilt them adding people into them at a market and skateboarding etc.
Also the BBC circle idents cut down far to short on screen time spoilt them a lot.

Itv created idents would still be good if they muddled them up more like last Christmas why they still stick to weekly screening of set no idea would keep it looking more fresh if different ones for each link etc.

Doubtful any new looks for the channels in November with itv X launch as itv will want all attention on its big new streaming service get it to stand out. Bet be January time any new idents screened.

"The filming will give St Annes great promotion", the Tweet claims.

Unless the filming is considered worthy of a mention on ITV News Granada Reports or something, thus giving it at least North West-wide exposure, then I'm not sure...

In my opinion, the ITV1 era was one of the poorest in terms of presentation and programming. It also reminds me of the demise of the regions. More generally, I don’t think ITV Plc’s reputation was particularly good back then - they were very much finding their feet as far as branding was concerned, news regions were amalgamated and most regional programming was dropped altogether. I think it would be a mistake to resurrect the ITV1 name, if that is on the cards.

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…
[-] The following 3 users Like Si-Co's post:
  • chevron, LaDeDa, Ma76

(22-09-2022, 06:18 PM)LaDeDa Wrote:  Itv 3 and itv 4 had the same idents far too long but still find itv2s worse of the set hope out of them all itv2 gets new look.

Preferred the 2013 look with red logo. The black screen to advertise shows just looks bad now with mass itv 2 mini logos on it.
Itv be idents also poor looking.

Seems all new ident packages for any channel start off well then get messed about with over time and spoils the effect sadly.
Remember the original BBC balloon idents then they spoilt them adding people into them at a market and skateboarding etc.
Also the BBC circle idents cut down far to short on screen time spoilt them a lot.

Itv created idents would still be good if they muddled them up more like last Christmas why they still stick to weekly screening of set no idea would keep it looking more fresh if different ones for each link etc.

Doubtful any new looks for the channels in November with itv X launch as itv will want all attention on its big new streaming service get it to stand out. Bet be January time any new idents screened.
I still think ITV3's idents look amazing and so classy, they are absolutely fine. Just because they are nearly 10 years old doesn't mean they need changing. 
ITV4's are fine for the channel but I would welcome new ones. 
I quite like the concept for ITV2's idents, just wish they had more scenarios and added some Christmas themes, I agree that their surrounding pres is quite poor though.
[-] The following 2 users Like tomo359's post:
  • Ma76, Stuart

Does seem looking back tv channels have new look and all looks good then as time passes they mess with it and actually make it look worse not better not just itv but bbc and channel 4 as well.

Itv2s shows/film adverts fitted so well when the 2013 big itv rebrand happened the circle forming on the i of itv etc and itv2 was red looking.
The black background with mini itv2 logos was big step backwards just doesn't fit with any other itv channel or look.

I like the sliding tiles effect on main itv and when tiles used to advertise itv2 and 3, 4 on main itv etc utter shame they never used the sliding tile logos on all itv channels unite them better.

Definitely think itv2 and itv be worse presentation agree if itv 2 had new objects added to mess with in idents be fresh and eye catching so many Christmas decorations they could have filmed etc.

Think itv x launch in November just be a tile slide with yellow logo on to replace the itv hub one doubt be many other changes till new year. Didn't itv creates launch on January 1st so possible new set to launch Jan 1st 2023 ?

If the logo is staying the same, then the breakbumpers and trailer endboards don't need to change at the same time as the idents. So I can see the bumpers and endboards being updated when ITVX launches, but new idents coming in next year.

I assume the new branding will coincide with the launch of ITVX or at the very least, consistently guide viewers around the ITV eco-system along with ITVX being the centre piece of it all. Hopefully, like what other forum posters say, ITV3 and ITV4 get new branding, as they so desperately are stuck in 2013.

I don't feel that ITV could ever try to bring back the "1" suffix or make it work now, because the only reason ITV1 was a name was because it was to purely work alongside their new digital sibling channel ITV2. ABC TV in Australia did that as well back in 2008 a few years after the launch of ABC2, but soon reverted in 2014.
[-] The following 2 users Like Allanbuzzy's post:
  • Ma76, Roger Darthwell

More pictures of the filming of the ident today… 
Featuring a bride
https://twitter.com/discoverfylde/status/1573300581535518721?s=46&t=aJfa0S4n_RzzNgnty68ekA

And Father Christmas 

https://twitter.com/discoverfylde/status/1573353246718033921?s=46&t=aJfa0S4n_RzzNgnty68ekA

Some completely new break bumpers and ECP’s for ITV would be nice
[-] The following 1 user Likes Superman1986's post:
  • LaDeDa
Thread Closed