Talk TV

(23-09-2022, 11:10 PM)London Lite Wrote:  
(23-09-2022, 10:08 PM)JayCasey Wrote:  The Talk is essentially a copy of Fox News' "The Five".  That airs at 5pm East Coast time and is very successful.  I can only consider that News UK are trying this angle in the UK.

The Pledge was also another copy of The Five on Sky News.  Not surprisingly, it went when Comcast took over.

Indeed, it had Nick Ferrari on it, who is probably the best talk radio host going right now!  I'm amazed he wasn't offered a load of money by Murdoch given his print history with them!

(23-09-2022, 12:29 PM)gottago Wrote:  Weird that they’re doubling down on a strategy that has essentially been a failure.

I suspect they have to save face, so are moving around the deckchairs, so to speak.

(24-09-2022, 12:01 AM)JayCasey Wrote:  
(23-09-2022, 10:08 PM)JayCasey Wrote:  The Talk is essentially a copy of Fox News' "The Five".  That airs at 5pm East Coast time and is very successful.  I can only consider that News UK are trying this angle in the UK.

The Pledge was also another copy of The Five on Sky News.  Not surprisingly, it went when Comcast took over.

Indeed, it had Nick Ferrari on it, who is probably the best talk radio host going right now!  I'm amazed he wasn't offered a load of money by Murdoch given his print history with them!

For all we know, they might have done. Global also has deep pockets, as we know, so it might just be that they offered more to keep him (if Murdoch made an offer in the first place, of course!).

(24-09-2022, 11:15 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(23-09-2022, 12:29 PM)gottago Wrote:  Weird that they’re doubling down on a strategy that has essentially been a failure.

I suspect they have to save face, so are moving around the deckchairs, so to speak.

For all we know, they might have done. Global also has deep pockets, as we know, so it might just be that they offered more to keep him (if Murdoch made an offer in the first place, of course!).

While Global have deep pockets, Nick has been on the LBC breakfast show for nearly 20 years. He has a captive audience across the country which he wouldn't have on Talk TV.

He's in a position where he can still earn enough, but also have the audience to go with it, some of these people on TalkTV and GB News are clearly taking the money towards retirement despite having very low audience figures.

If TalkTV is to have any chance of success the sooner they admit the "Uncensored" format doesn't work the better.

No amount of marketing or tweaks can compensate for a TV format that simply doesn't work.

In terms of his newspaper career he's more associated with the Mirror group than News International. And of course having a history with a company doesn't always mean they have a good relationship with them

(25-09-2022, 06:26 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  If TalkTV is to have any chance of success the sooner they admit the "Uncensored" format doesn't work the better.

No amount of marketing or tweaks can compensate for a TV format that simply doesn't work.

What part of the format doesn’t work?

They’ve dialled down the silliness quite a bit to the extent it’s all but a straight news programme now with some debate thrown in. It’s essentially what he did on GMB.

Branding for the updated schedule released: twitter.com 

Perhaps Feltz show is going to be presented as a TV show now?

This branding doesn’t look particular different from anything we’ve seen so far.

Didn't they use the services of the Fox News graphics department last time round? Perhaps it'll look slightly less American in motion this time round.

(29-09-2022, 04:46 PM)Jon Wrote:  Perhaps Feltz show is going to be presented as a TV show now?

This branding doesn’t look particular different from anything we’ve seen so far.

Some of her shows have already come from Ealing in which was probably live piloting for her tv show on the radio.

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread