Thread Closed

BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger

Something off with the ticker on the news channel at the moment

Currently got breaking news of the school shooting followed by fears of more storms in Mississippi

(29-03-2023, 12:34 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  twitter.com 

Interesting logo there... Oversized NEWS in Gill. I've never seen that before. It's like the new DOGs on some channels, but... old.
[-] The following 4 users Like chaose's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, DeMarkay, interestednovice

Yes, they used the wrong font by accident didn’t they!

It would be correct if in Reith, and given that the sign looks relatively new (and has no box) I assume they’ve only just done it. Oh dear!

(29-03-2023, 01:41 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  Yes, they used the wrong font by accident didn’t they!

It would be correct if in Reith, and given that the sign looks relatively new (and has no box) I assume they’ve only just done it. Oh dear!

I don't see it. It's just the previous logo in linear form rather than stacked. Yes it shouldn't really look like that but someones bodged it together.

The current logo has NEWS the same height as the BBC blocks when stacked or in linear.

The previous horizontal variant of the logo was generally supposed to be rendered as a red box with white text inside, or as “BBC NEWS” written in black text with black BBC blocks (and no background) if monochrome.

The sign should, according to that, have looked something like the logo seen in the desk at the Washington studio, as seen here:
www.clickspringdesign.com 

Or, to be generally more on-brand, the “red box” as seen in BBC News titles on screen should have been used.

(29-03-2023, 01:19 PM)chaose Wrote:  Interesting logo there... Oversized NEWS in Gill. I've never seen that before. It's like the new DOGs on some channels, but... old.
That odd Washington bureau logo has been there a good while. Those kinds of not-particularly standard signage occasionally crop up in non-major offices - somebody ordering one but not being privy to the full branding guidelines.

It’s very often occurred at the BBC in the past, true.

Washington is supposed to be a major office for them though!
[-] The following 2 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(29-03-2023, 02:16 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  The previous horizontal variant of the logo was generally supposed to be rendered as a red box with white text inside, or as “BBC NEWS” written in black text with black BBC blocks (and no background) if monochrome.

The sign should, according to that, have looked something like the logo seen in the desk at the Washington studio, as seen here:

Or, to be generally more on-brand, the “red box” as seen in BBC News titles on screen should have been used.
Very funny - if you look at the second and ninth pictures, the designers have put a picture of Lucrezia Millarini (yes, of ITV) as a London correspondent.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, Craigwills, interestednovice

(29-03-2023, 03:27 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(29-03-2023, 02:16 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  The previous horizontal variant of the logo was generally supposed to be rendered as a red box with white text inside, or as “BBC NEWS” written in black text with black BBC blocks (and no background) if monochrome.

Very funny - if you look at the second and ninth pictures, the designers have put a picture of Lucrezia Millarini (yes, of ITV) as a London correspondent.

Oh dear, the Clickspring guys
lol
[-] The following 2 users Like xlalonce's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice

I wonder if this means Ros is back to do the last OS tomorrow evening.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like News76's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Jimbo2022, oscillon
Thread Closed