ITN Nostalgia

I thought I would kick off a nostalgic look-back at ITN with this video I have just found. It's a promo for ITN's Westminster facilities from June 1992. The most interesting part for us is about halfway through where they show some behind the scenes shots of ITN's facility at 4 Millbank. The video uses the library music that was used by the BBC for its local elections programme in 1993!

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like itsrobert's post:
  • chevron, harshy, Roger Darthwell

Interesting at the end it says it provided feeds on 13e which is a normal dth satellite position, unless 13e was a different configuration those days maybe?

45 years ago today Elvis Presley died, here is how ITN reported the news (the video also includes BBC coverage)
www.youtube.com 

An intro to ITN World News from 1996, presented as ever by Katy Haswell:

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kojak's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

I really loved that set in ITN's Studio 3. It was simple by design but really quite versatile. During the mid-to-late 90s it accommodated the ITV Morning, Lunchtime, Early Evening and Weekend News, as well as World News and even the Big Breakfast news bulletins. You can see Phil Gayle reading the latter here: youtu.be 

Has anyone posted this video before? It's a news report on ITN moving from Wells Street to Grays Inn Road towards the end of 1990:

youtu.be 
[-] The following 8 users Like itsrobert's post:
  • chevron, Clean Feed, eyeTV, harshy, Kojak, Newsroom, Roger Darthwell, Stuart

12 years ago, some couple called William and Kate got engaged. Here's the intro to a special Lunchtime News, and a rare daytime appearance of Mark Austin:

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • DE88, Roger Darthwell

(29-09-2022, 08:39 PM)Kojak Wrote:  12 years ago, some couple called William and Kate got engaged. Here's the intro to a special Lunchtime News, and a rare daytime appearance of Mark Austin:

www.youtube.com 
Its weird to see him with hair

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

An ITV News bulletin on this day in 2003, when Saddam Hussein was captured

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yorksman's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Never seen this before, but pretty obvious why given the date. A rare appearance of Trevor McDonald in ITN's 90s blue set. Only other one I have seen was for a Newsflash.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6bVQ52
[-] The following 4 users Like JLav25's post:
  • chevron, itsrobert, Newsroom, VMPhil

(14-12-2022, 07:24 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  An ITV News bulletin on this day in 2003, when Saddam Hussein was captured

www.youtube.com 

And from the same channel, Ian McCaskill's final forecast

youtu.be