Do radio stations have jingle feeds?

So I am a regular listener of NTS (nts.live ), the internet radio station nominally based in Dalston and generally highly recommended. While on their Discord I found that they have an always-on jingle feed, handy for ducking into in between live shows where there's no advertising to fill and a risk of dead air. There's a public link here, and it just loops through their sonic logos (which are a little Radiophonic Workshop, a little ambient and copied by independent radio stations online the world over...)

stream-relay-geo.ntslive.net 

"Stream3" is presumably chosen because there's two radio feeds.

Now... would a commercial or BBC radio station have such a back-up loop? I remember volunteering at Resonance FM many years ago and there were emergency music CDs and an automatic, tongue in cheek clip with drilling that would come on if the air went dead. But is this unique?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Motlash's post:
  • chrisherald

All stations will have some backup source but I can't see any need for them to run permanently to dip in and out of rather than starting as required. Some smaller community/student stations have an automated Jukebox overnight which runs constantly, but I think using it as a back up in anything other than dire circumstances is hugely frowned upon.

The only other example I can think of is in TV, the BBC Nations have the breakdown slide permanently available as a source with music (at one time the idents soundtracks on BBC One) so the lone Director/Announcer can get it on air instantly and get on with dealing with the fault.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • chrisherald