Newsnight

Victoria Derbyshire confirmed on Twitter/X that Faisal Islam and Nick Watt are staying with Newsnight after the revamp:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like Omnipresent's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, Michael 18, Reith85, UTVLifer

I wonder what they will do. I assumed they would only be one staffer on each episode with the rest being invited guests.

(17-04-2024, 11:12 AM)Newshound47 Wrote:  I wonder what they will do. I assumed they would only be one staffer on each episode with the rest being invited guests.

Mark Urban was often a cover presenter, so Nick could fill there? Especially with Kirsty leaving in the next 12 months. Faisal has a wider role within BBC News, so will only be hosting on the odd occasion either way.

In the long term, you would have to imagine Nick being the favourite next time the Chief Correspondent or either editor title comes up, and to move on from Newsnight.
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Stuart, UTVLifer

A minor point, but last night Newsnight were discussing the current shenanigans in the UK Parliament, but for some reason decided to use the Scottish version of the King's Cypher (Scottish Crown instead of Tudor Crown). Perhaps they didn't understand the difference.