Newsnight

Yes, it was a good send off for Kirsty.

Interesting to see that Newsnight's audience figures appear to have risen under the new format. I don't know to what extent this is a post election bounce, or the new shorter & lighter format working better in the timeslot.

x.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Omnipresent's post:
  • interestednovice, Reith85

Newsnight seems to basically be Victoria Derbyshire’s show now. I expect she’ll be hosting all week now besides Fridays and holidays
[-] The following 5 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, interestednovice, Jeff, UTVLifer

(13-07-2024, 01:06 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  Interesting to see that Newsnight's audience figures appear to have risen under the new format. I don't know to what extent this is a post election bounce, or the new shorter & lighter format working better in the timeslot.

x.com 

I imagine Newsnight’s figures have always risen historically around the time of major political events, such as elections. I think it’s probably nothing more than that to be honest.
[-] The following 6 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, London Lite, Luc, Stuart, UTVLifer

Last week Newsnight went back to showing single newspaper front pages during the 'quick look' at the end of the programme, albeit still from that screen rather than as an OTS graphic.

However, tonight we had two of the best front pages ever produced by a UK national newspaper. Angel

They quickly reverted to the grid of 6 after this, after Victoria announced "Oh, there is a problem with the graphics".