David Dimbleby's Secret History Of The BBC

An interesting looking three part series "Days That Shook the BBC" starts on BBC2 on Tuesday 30 August.

There's very little detail yet, other than its presented by David Dimbleby.

I guess the Hutton Report and George Entwistle's resignation will feature.

www.bbc.co.uk 

(Edit: The programme title has changed to "David Dimbleby's Secret History Of the BBC")
[-] The following 2 users Like Omnipresent's post:
  • Clean Feed, Ma76

How much do you guys bet the license fee removal will be a part of this?   Wink

That sounds quite interesting.

Looks like its going to be a really interesting series, but I do think it will limit itself to the more recent scandals of the Beeb's 100 years, chiefly the Saville rabbit hole. I hope they dig deep, because there are a lot of scandals that could be said to have 'shaken the BBC'. The 1926 General Strike is an interesting story to look at. The War Game documentary that was deemed 'too scary'. The Battle of Orgreave controversey would be good.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

The programme title has changed to "David Dimbleby's Secret History of the BBC"

Descriptions are now available for the 2nd and 3rd editions:

www.bbc.co.uk 

Quote:Trust Matters David Dimbleby explores the issue of trust in the BBC in the context of two crises: the Hutton Inquiry after the death of David Kelly, and the case of Jimmy Savile.

www.bbc.co.uk 

Quote:Whose BBC? David Dimbleby asks how best the BBC can seek to serve all its audience, and looks at issues such as the Falklands War and race relations where its impartiality has been tested.