UEFA Euro 2024

The match schedule is out. Rather speedy I must say.

Friday 14/6
20:00: Germany v. SCOTLAND

Sunday 16/6
14:00: Play-Off Winner A (Wales?) v. Netherlands
20:00: Serbia v. ENGLAND

Wednesday 19/6
20:00 SCOTLAND v. Switzerland
(I'm really surprised Germany are not in primetime)

Thursday 20/6
17:00: Denmark v. ENGLAND

Friday 21/6
17:00:  Play-Off Winner A v. Austria

Sunday 23/6
20:00: SCOTLAND v. Hungary

Tuesday 25/6
17:00: France v.  Play-Off Winner A
20:00 ENGLAND v. Slovenia

www.uefa.com 

The official broadcast intro.

Presumably that is an extract of the official single from artists OneRepublic, Meduza, and Kim Petras (not ringing many bells tbh). I think the goals featured are the same selection in either the 2016 or 2020 intros; the music sounds a bit like the 2008 theme at the start.

www.youtube.com 

www.uefa.com 

(02-12-2023, 07:01 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Amazing this happens twice to football broadcasts this year. Not sure how this happened with the security etc.

x.com 

Some internet prankster has claimed responsibility. He has ran onto numerous sporting occasions as an additional player in attempt to be funny.

www.theguardian.com 

(03-12-2023, 12:15 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  The match schedule is out. Rather speedy I must say.

I suspect they had a default schedule ready to go and only would make changes if deemed necessary.   Seemed a bit pointless taking that approach with the Euros to be honest with every country being in the same time zone - as much as you don't want any big clashes at 2pm it's a bit different to the World Cup where it makes sense to try and adjust schedules to get games in a good time zone for the teams involved.

BBC/ITV match split confirmed

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • RhysJR

Seems a very good deal for the BBC getting 2/3 England games, 2/3 Scotland games and if they qualify 2/3 Wales games. ITV get Germany v Scotland but England v Slovenia is arguably the weakest group game - though the final one and in primetime. if Wales qualify (or even if they don't) the BBC get Netherlands and France and ITV get Austria. ITV get Spain v Italy in the group stage.

ITV getting first pick of Round of 16 and semis, BBC first pick of the quarters.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • lookoutwales

Apparently all of the first, second and third picks from the Round of 16 will be shown by ITV.

x.com 

Fair enough considering the BBC have the extra group match per country in the group stage. I don't really like talking about Wales as if they've qualified but if by some miracle they do then looking at their potential group we're probably looking at 3rd place, which depending on permutations and them being one of the four highest third place finishers could mean an England v Wales clash in the R16.

There is also the potential of Scotland v England but that means Scotland winning their group and England coming second in theirs, which on paper looks highly unlikely but it only takes a shock result against Germany and England coming unstuck against Denmark for that to be a likely outcome.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • RhysJR

So, Poland, Ukraine and Georgia are the final three teams to qualify for UEFA Euro 2024.

Poland into Group D, Ukraine into Group E and Georgia into Group F. Now just 80 days until Germany v. Scotland in Munich!

pbs.twimg.com 
Web Image

(03-12-2023, 12:15 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  The official broadcast intro.

Presumably that is an extract of the official single from artists OneRepublic, Meduza, and Kim Petras (not ringing many bells tbh). I think the goals featured are the same selection in either the 2016 or 2020 intros; the music sounds a bit like the 2008 theme at the start.

www.youtube.com 

www.uefa.com 

Kim Petras has withdrawn from recording the official single, with German artist Leony coming in for her.

x.com