Channel 4's 40th Birthday

It's Channel 4's 40th Birthday in November, and they've announced a 'Truth & Dare Season' to mark the occasion.

It includes a one-off revival of Friday Night Live hosted by Ben Elton. 

www.channel4.com 

I wonder if there will be any 40th related pres for this milestone.

Mod edit: Link updated
[-] The following 2 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, Si-Co

Promo for Friday Night Live now airing

theident.gallery , theident.gallery 
Web Image

Web Image

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew Wood's post:
  • Milkshake

They have some special hosts for Countdown: {resenters over the next 4 weeks from 31 October are: Baroness Floella Benjamin, Sir Trevor McDonald, Reverend Richard Coles and Moira Stuart CBE.

PLUS: first continuity announcer, Paul Coia, will return to introduce the show.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like Milkshake's post:
  • Andrew Wood, DE88, Ma76, Roger Darthwell, Si-Co

Seems interesting choices for presenters seeing as none of them are presenters I assosiate with Channel 4. Three of them are to me BBC faces, and Trevor very much ITV (I guess he may have appeared on Channel 4 news as well, in the early days when they interchanged more with ITV News presenters and reporters, but he's very much connected with ITV News).

I’m not sure I understand the point. Countdown currently has an excellent host in Colin Murray. None of these people are considered Channel 4 ‘names’ so it’s not even a Channel 4 theme.
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • jaymadz

(27-10-2022, 10:12 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I’m not sure I understand the point. Countdown currently has an excellent host in Colin Murray. None of these people are considered Channel 4 ‘names’ so it’s not even a Channel 4 theme.

Well I'm sorry but I don't think Colin is suited to Countdown, in my opinion he's too young.

(27-10-2022, 10:25 PM)BBCMeridian Wrote:  
(27-10-2022, 10:12 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I’m not sure I understand the point. Countdown currently has an excellent host in Colin Murray. None of these people are considered Channel 4 ‘names’ so it’s not even a Channel 4 theme.

Well I'm sorry but I don't think Colin is suited to Countdown, in my opinion he's too young.

Even though he's 7 years older than Richard Whiteley was in 1982.
[-] The following 10 users Like James2001's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, DE88, Happy2001, Larry the Loafer, London Lite, Ma76, nwtv2003, Pips2022, TVFan, Underscore_

(27-10-2022, 10:11 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Seems interesting choices for presenters seeing as none of them are presenters I assosiate with Channel 4. Three of them are to me BBC faces, and Trevor very much ITV (I guess he may have appeared on Channel 4 news as well, in the early days when they interchanged more with ITV News presenters and reporters, but he's very much connected with ITV News).

Trevor was actually the regular co-host of Channel 4 News in its early days. He used to do the international news. The other co-host was Sarah Hogg, who looked after financial news, and of course the main man was the late, great Peter Sissons.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kojak's post:
  • DE88, Happy2001, Ma76, Rijowhi

I don’t care.

Colin's passion and enthusiasm for the show shines through, he's the perfect host.
[-] The following 4 users Like jaymadz's post:
  • bkman1990, Otis Crump, Tim G, Yorksman