ITV Schools on 4 interval, 1989-92

(17-12-2022, 03:19 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  I think your right, he composed the piece and then published most of the piece through a library.  Just a shame he only give them Shorter pieces.

I am unsure on Music/Licencing/Libraries - much of what I know comes from forum such as this - there are people well in the know.

I never realized that Brian Bennet (he of the Shadows) composed quite a bit of library music which featured on ITV Schools.

As for the move to C4 in 1987 - I loved the re-brand and Music (Was this James Alderham?) it worked really well.
Everyone at School even knew it!

Yes, Brian Bennett composed scores and scores of library tracks under his own name and also under the “pen-name” of James Aldenham. Brian Bennett IS James Aldenham!

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…
[-] The following 4 users Like Si-Co's post:
  • DE88, Rijowhi, sparky_75, Spencer

(18-12-2022, 06:57 PM)Si-Co Wrote:  Yes, Brian Bennett composed scores and scores of library tracks under his own name and also under the “pen-name” of James Aldenham. Brian Bennett IS James Aldenham!

You live and learn. Didn't know that. Smile

Really? It's been well known in the TV pres community for well over 20 years!

Last year, ITV3 showed an episode of Corrie which had Just a Minute playing on the radio in Emily's kitchen, which was bizarre! I guess there's a radio station out there somewhere that plays library music Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • DE88, sparky_75

(19-12-2022, 12:22 AM)James2001 Wrote:  Really? It's been well known in the TV pres community for well over 20 years!

Last year, ITV3 showed an episode of Corrie which had Just a Minute playing on the radio in Emily's kitchen, which was bizarre! I guess there's a radio station out there somewhere that plays library music Wink

Courtesy of YouTube… 

youtu.be 
[-] The following 4 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • DE88, James2001, robertclark125, TVFan

(19-12-2022, 12:22 AM)James2001 Wrote:  Really? It's been well known in the TV pres community for well over 20 years!

Rita used to have a selection of library music CDs on sale next to the counter in the Kabin for several years, so it’s obviously really popular in Weatherfield.  Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • DE88, James2001

I never really had any interest in Library music or who composed it for that matter!
It was music they just sourced from various libraries.

More recently, common sense prevailed and I realized, Library music played a huge part in TV Presentation and much of I what I know about sources of Library music if thanks to people such as yourself and others who are prepared to share their knowledge.
To be fair, a lot of the stuff - I assumed was composed specially, in house (as ITV did do).

Again - my dealings were in film & tape Archives - not with music/licencing/rights etc. Smile
They are usually two very different entities - never stored in the same place and have different librarians & records.