RIP George Alagiah

Thank you for the replies, surprised it was as long ago as that.

(27-07-2023, 02:00 PM)Rainbows Wrote:  Thank you for the replies, surprised it was as long ago as that.

Newsfix suggests it was 31st August, although I'm pretty sure I'd seen him on things since then. localendar.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like JLav25's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, oscillon, Quantum+83, Rolling News

George being remembered today at the “church of journalists” in London. Mark Austin and Nicholas Witchell amongst those attending.

x.com 

A rather moving montage from the ceremony earlier, accompanied perfectly by Steve Rosenberg on the piano.

x.com 
[-] The following 10 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, Happy2001, harshy, newsdesk, Spencer, SuperSajuuk, watchingtv

I actually watched the whole ceremony earlier on the weblink below.

stmartins.digital 

It was very moving when I watched it in full. It gave me a wonderful insight into the man that was truly loved by so many. Fly high George. You were one of the good ones.
[-] The following 10 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, callumwatchestelly, Happy2001, harshy, House, JamesWorldNews, Michael Wotton, Reith85, RhysJR

One word for George. Class. RIP.
[-] The following 9 users Like Humphrey Hacker's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, harshy, JamesWorldNews, MLehon, Reith85, Roger Darthwell

My late mother’s favourite newsreader, which was no mean achievement it should be said.

What a class act he was.
[-] The following 6 users Like Scrotnig's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, JamesWorldNews, Roger Darthwell