Fastest Finger First

This is the first I've heard of it, but ITV is making a daytime quiz show based on the first round of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, with the grand prize being the opportunity to go on the parent show. Will this catch on?
www.itv.com 

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

I've set a series link, but even if it turns out to be entertaining, I do wonder what the point really is! It seems the first five contestants on the new series of WWTBAM will be taken from this show rather than the traditional Fastest Finger opening round on the parent programme, so ultimately the end result is the same apart from stringing out a minute of TV into an hour.

Still, as a fan of Millionaire, I'll give this a watch - it might be enjoyable enough that I forget about how random it is Smile

I agree it doesn’t make much sense from the point of view of the viewer the viewer, yes it guarantees the winner the a spot on Millionaire but winning the much shorter fast finger game on the main show would guarantee them that. I guess with this version there is less chance of good quizzes just being unlucky and missing out on the seat that way.

Millionaire was built on ultimate jeopardy. If it feels nothing is at risk, FFF won’t do well.

If does ok in ratings next week..few tweaks it could come back as a stand alone series?

... adding a cash prize and another big final round possible? Maybe fastest finger for last standing contestant
and have to move to each screen and input answers fast ..then results at end revealed
...must be a way of making another series but remove the lacking nothing at stake issue

The format was just slightly better than I expected.

The music is part from the Millionaire sound track. Can be heard in this clip before the titles.
m.youtube.com 

Not sure it’s been heard in the UK before though.

I also like the fact the graphics are the colour used in the Millionaire ‘Second Edition’ branded merchandise.

Must be the only quiz where the prize is to play on another quiz?
[-] The following 2 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • Former Member 406, Pips2022

(29-08-2022, 07:59 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Must be the only quiz where the prize is to play on another quiz?
They should call it ‘Who Wants to be on Who Wants to be a Millionaire?.’
[-] The following 11 users Like Jon's post:
  • chris, DE88, fanoftv, Former Member 406, iloveTV1, JAS84, Juicy Joe, Ma76, Pips2022, thePineapple, TVNerd