BBC Two Pres: 2021 - Present

(01-01-2024, 01:43 PM)callumwatchestelly Wrote:  They were airing the New Year's Day concert from Verona.

Vienna!

(01-01-2024, 10:37 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  That Rolex graphic is a tricky one, there’s obviously no warning to the BBC regarding when they are going to cut to it on the main feed.

It’s not the first time it’s accidentally appeared!

there are two rehearsals transmitted on the 31st to give them a chance to practice - but there's no guarantee the timings will be the same. The incoming feed doesn't have a listen of the host's talkback either.

Curiously they go to great efforts to mask the Rolex logo from appearing on screen, but Petroc always has to give them a verbal credit in his commentary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes thegeek's post:
  • interestednovice

Presumably they go to great efforts to follow general BBC “no sponsorship allowed” rules as far as they can (including imagery and graphics) but the auditory mention is probably contractual, so they have to have it. A bit like the “whatever the sponsor is league” on Match of the Day.

(02-01-2024, 10:43 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  Presumably they go to great efforts to follow general BBC “no sponsorship allowed” rules as far as they can (including imagery and graphics) but the auditory mention is probably contractual, so they have to have it. A bit like the “whatever the sponsor is league” on Match of the Day.

Does make me wonder how they are going to deal with Champions League highlights next season. Clean titles but a verbal mention? Or showing the logos next to the scoreboard like they already do with the Hublot timing sponsors on MOTD?
[-] The following 1 user Likes TIGHazard's post:
  • interestednovice

(03-01-2024, 12:02 AM)TIGHazard Wrote:  Does make me wonder how they are going to deal with Champions League highlights next season. Clean titles but a verbal mention? Or showing the logos next to the scoreboard like they already do with the Hublot timing sponsors on MOTD?

The ZDF highlights in Germany use the clean intro and carry no sponsorship stings or verbal/visible mentions of the sponsors (or any other adverts as it airs in primetime). I'd presume the BBC would be able to do similar.

I think the ZDF live coverage of the final was a bit different as they often have sponsorship stings on live sport.

EDIT: Found screen recordings of the intro/outro from a few months back as an example.

up.metropol247.co.uk 

up.metropol247.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • interestednovice

Will be so strange hearing that on the BBC, assuming UEFA don't decide to mess with it like they've messed with the format when the new style tournament launches.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • interestednovice, Jeff