BBC Two Pres: 2021 - Present

(Yesterday, 02:36 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  You'd have thought for the classic comedies they'd have used era appropriate idents.
Yes that would have been nice. I would also have appreciated some different classic idents to the old reliables they always dig out the loft. With so few junctions, was anyone *really* that desperate to see the "TWO" ident again?

Shame the yellow 2s weren't represented - Fire would have been my pick.

Of course, the saving grace is the current set is outstanding and remains probably my favourite ident set on TV, so no disappointment seeing those continue unabated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonny's post:
  • Brekkie

40 years ident was also used yesterday on NI

(Yesterday, 03:29 PM)Jonny Wrote:  Yes that would have been nice. I would also have appreciated some different classic idents to the old reliables they always dig out the loft. With so few junctions, was anyone *really* that desperate to see the "TWO" ident again?

Shame the yellow 2s weren't represented - Fire would have been my pick.

Of course, the saving grace is the current set is outstanding and remains probably my favourite ident set on TV, so no disappointment seeing those continue unabated.

On the 60 Songs programme, they were using a decidedly dodgy, YouTube sourced yellow 2 ident for some of the transitions between the songs. Maybe they were having trouble sourcing (or weren’t trying very hard to find) a decent quality copy.

(Yesterday, 07:31 PM)Spencer Wrote:  On the 60 Songs programme, they were using a decidedly dodgy, YouTube sourced yellow 2 ident for some of the transitions between the songs.

That reminds me of this video:
www.youtube.com 

Everything in the video is sourced from YouTube so I'd assume it's been standard for the BBC to source idents from there rather than from a master copy if they're putting something together quickly.