BBC Two Pres: 2021 - Present

(03-07-2024, 09:06 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  A BBC One ident was accidentally used into Wimbledon at 9pm.
Presumably it had been destined for BBC1 and at the last minute it moved to 2 and they copy and pasted the junction over

(03-07-2024, 09:18 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Presumably it had been destined for BBC1 and at the last minute it moved to 2 and they copy and pasted the junction over
Not really as if BBC1 had stuck with the tennis they'd have had no ident.

Miranda the first "classic" comedy to be dropped. Not to bad a casualty given it's more recent than most others they're showing.

Some overzealous copying and pasting from the other schedule?
(I'd like to think something clever was being done to keep the programme ID the same, as it was a continuation of the same show)

www.tvhome.co.uk 

Seems to happen quite regularly during Wimbledon when there are last minute calls to juggle coverage between networks

It’s a strange one because the only difference was that BBC Two was joining Wimbledon live coverage rather than Wimbledon highlights

There were no changes on BBC One and no need to change the ident on Two
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • Brekkie

I don't know why they bother even scheduling 'Today at Wimbledon', it always seems to be shunted around and dropped especially now they've two courts with roofs and can play late into the evening.

Yeah, it'd be better to have a Yesterday at Wimbledon programme before the start of play each day instead. That way it would never end up getting dropped.

(04-07-2024, 10:55 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  Yeah, it'd be better to have a Yesterday at Wimbledon programme before the start of play each day instead. That way it would never end up getting dropped.
Isn't that what they used to do? I thought it was like Today in Parliament in that they repeated it the next morning with a slightly different name

Yes, though they stopped it a few years ago as if there was no evening edition it had to be dropped too.