New look CBS Evening News

A new look for the CBS Evening News launches this evening, featuring a remix of the 1987-1991 and 2011-2016 theme.

www.youtube.com 

Catch me on:
Andover Radio: Weekdays from 7am-10am
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
[-] The following 9 users Like Rob Francis's post:
  • ConorM98, Kojak, lepeterrr, Mike, Moz, Roger Darthwell, Stuart, TVViewer256, W. Knight

(29-08-2022, 04:02 PM)Rob Francis Wrote:  A new look for the CBS Evening News launches this evening, featuring a remix of the 1987-1991 and 2011-2016 theme.

www.youtube.com 

AGAIN!?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

Here's the new headline sequence and opener in action

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Edcanada's post:
  • bkman1990, ConorM98

(29-08-2022, 04:02 PM)Rob Francis Wrote:  A new look for the CBS Evening News launches this evening, featuring a remix of the 1987-1991 and 2011-2016 theme.

www.youtube.com 
Back to the old theme tune, it seems. And now matching the style of the Special Report intro:

www.youtube.com 

Not sure about those stars at the end of the titles. A bit too Doctor Who 1981 meets Strictly Come Dancing for my taste. The acoustic of that studio is awful too.

As Moz said, again?

That being said, the opening and closing titles music is a very clever update of the 1988 and 1991 music and I'm glad it's back; the previous theme (which is still used for the CBS Weekend News) always felt like random stabs on a piano was how it was composed.

I particularly like how the last headline now neatly resolves into the title music from the bed, using the same notes as the full 1988 closing titles music to do so and the slight twist on the 1991 closing titles final notes:

up.metropol247.co.uk 

That being said I feel the graphics could be smarter - the idea is nice and execution isn't bad, but the world map seems very simplified (use the shape of the UK and Ireland as your guide), and the light map over the top seems way off (pretty much all of the North of England and Scottish Borders are lit up, along with East Anglia, but London and the South East and the Midlands and Wales are in the dark!). The star transition also reminds me of Homer Simpson's 'star wipe'.

Admin edit: to address mp3 player issue.

(05-09-2022, 11:55 PM)Mike Wrote:  As Moz said, again?

That being said, the opening and closing titles music is a very clever update of the 1988 and 1991 music and I'm glad it's back; the previous theme (which is still used for the CBS Weekend News) always felt like random stabs on a piano was how it was composed.

I particularly like how the last headline now neatly resolves into the title music from the bed, using the same notes as the full 1988 closing titles music to do so and the slight twist on the 1991 closing titles final notes

That being said I feel the graphics could be smarter - the idea is nice and execution isn't bad, but the world map seems very simplified (use the shape of the UK and Ireland as your guide), and the light map over the top seems way off (pretty much all of the North of England and Scottish Borders are lit up, along with East Anglia, but London and the South East and the Midlands and Wales are in the dark!). The star transition also reminds me of Homer Simpson's 'star wipe'.

Hopeful CBS Weekend News received similar look and opening theme to bring consistency between two programmes. Missing the era when CBS Evening News ran on weekends.

(06-09-2022, 01:21 AM)Asxer544 Wrote:  Hopeful CBS Weekend News received similar look and opening theme to bring consistency between two programmes. Missing the era when CBS Evening News ran on weekends.
And they did:
youtu.be 

Similar opening sequence, only with a lighter font weight on the show title? Looks a bit off to me.

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt