Mrs Brown's Boys

Good to see the titles have been updated with the new BBC Logo, surprised they were updated as most BBC shows still have the old logo

(09-09-2023, 11:44 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Fair point but while the success of MBB in theatres did convince the BBC to bring it to TV and it was a hit, it no longer is and any further success in theatres doesn't really matter because the show is now judged on how it performs on TV.

Firstly people are still paying money to see them live so the show isnt judged on how it performs on tv, if that the case no one would go.

Going by the British Comedy Guide, who made this statement it seem to have performed rather well,
Quote:The return of Mrs. Brown's Boys on BBC One last night was watched by 1.84 million people - a viewing figure other contemporary comedies can barely dream of.

It just as it was. back in 2011, its like Are you being served or Allo Allo

I assume RTE are airing this series? Have ratings held up better in Ireland?

In terms of it's BBC figure sadly 2m is the new 5m which was the new 10m when it comes to the threshold of success in the 9pm hour.

(10-09-2023, 09:29 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I assume RTE are airing this series?

They are not. Not yet anyway.

(10-09-2023, 09:13 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Firstly people are still paying money to see them live so the show isnt judged on how it performs on tv, if that the case no one would go.

Going by the British Comedy Guide, who made this statement it seem to have performed rather well,

It just as it was. back in 2011, its like Are you being served or Allo Allo

I meant that the TV show is judged on how it performs on TV. It could pack out theatres but if the numbers aren't there for TV, there won't be a TV show.

I really enjoyed this series. I watched all 4 episodes on iPlayer.
[-] The following 3 users Like LiamFitz's post:
  • London Lite, TJTSW, turbolazer

It is interesting that RTE are not airing the show at the same time as the BBC - however RTE autumn schedules don't really kick in properly until the end of September, so I feel RTE are saving those four episodes for the start of their main autumn schedule, probably October time.