BBC Naidheachdan Gàidhlig

This may or may not be new as of today, but the BBC Alba channel's Gaelic-language news programme An Là is this evening being presented from a single locked-off camera position with a chromakey recreation of the usual set.

Presumably, some sort of technical upgrade and/or new set is happening in their usual pokey little sliver of a studio in Inverness. I wonder what random bit of space the temporary CSO set-up is in... - a stationery cupboard, perhaps?!
[-] The following 2 users Like Former Member 406's post:
  • Clean Feed, MFTJA

Yes, the same shot has been used throughout the programme - albeit different "inset" graphics for most of the stories.

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

[-] The following 2 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • Former Member 406, Superman1986

With a proportion of the staff presumably working from home 2 to 3 days a week, you'd wonder if the space in the building could be reconfigured to free up a bigger area for a studio.
[-] The following 1 user Likes denton's post:
  • Former Member 406

From a check of the captures I do have (which is basically anywhere they run An Là in it's regular 8pm slot) they were in the CSO set by Bank Holiday Monday (not that its a bank holiday in Scotland). But were still in the regular studio on Thursday last week - so it's definitely a very recent change over the weekend.

Thursday 25/8/2022
www.tvwhirl.co.uk 
Web Image

TV Whirl - Since 2001
[-] The following 4 users Like TesTVWhirl's post:
  • Clean Feed, denton, Former Member 406, TVFan

At the end of last night's An Là, I'm sure that I heard the presenter say something that included what sounded like "snasail stiùidio ùr" (which would mean "shiny new studio").

So, he must've been making some reference to the forthcoming changes. Whether it was confirmation of when the new studio/set will debut on screen or simply an acknowledgement of the current temporary set-up (perhaps in response to a viewer query about how the programme looks just now), I don't know. I can speak/understand very little Scots Gaelic, although I am currently learning the language.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 406's post:
  • denton

The new permanent set for An Là has debuted this evening.

No printed images of Inverness Castle, the Skye Bridge etc anymore. Just all screens on the upper half of the set walls.

The theme tune has undergone a wee bit of a remix, and the headline bed is noticeably different from before.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 406's post:
  • Superman1986

The opening of the programme, showing the updated set - and we can also hear the updated bed/theme tune.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Superman1986

It reminds me of BBC Newsline’s current temporary set. Loving the updated headline bed and theme tune. It’s a shame they got rid of the Inverness Castle pics

I don't see why they decided to remix the music, but... eh, I can get used to it.

The title graphics though, they suck.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lyric's post:
  • Superman1986

Love the little headline bed update with that 'National' style string flourish. Plus the additional umph in the title music is good.

The titles, ummm ... a bit like the last refresh. Is it me or does the 'flatness' of how they have took it kind of make it seem "off" to a certain degree.

Compare the original version as recorded here from January 2009. The original seem more 'organic' if that can be a term for news titles. If you get my drift. The backgrounds, cats cradle, pulses and orb all work in beautiful tandem with each other, now they don't.

https://youtu.be/7rcOrg6k630
[-] The following 2 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • Superman1986, TVFan