Bill Turnbull

Terrible news to hear of the passing of Bill. A lovely man and a fine, fine journalist of the old school. 

Truly an icon of the early mornings.
[-] The following 7 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, DE88, James, Moz, Superman1986, TVViewer256

Full report on the BBC Website. He also later, after leaving Breakfast, presented two series of the BBC game show "Think tank"

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like robertclark125's post:
  • bilky asko, Toby brown

BBC Breakfast announced the news at 9 o'clock exactly, and they've said that tomorrow's show will be a special tribute to Bill.

On Morning Live straight afterwards, they referenced his work in getting more people to check themselves for prostate cancer. It really shows how having a live element on at that time of day can be very useful, as they can have their doctor speaking about prostate cancer and the importance of checking for it.
[-] The following 4 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • DE88, Superman1986, TVFan, TVViewer256

A very good presenter and someone who will be missed.
[-] The following 4 users Like EJnutz's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, DE88, TVViewer256

Another of the good guys gone too soon
[-] The following 4 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, DE88, harshy

Very sad news. He was a very talented journalist and broadcaster and a lovely man. May he rest in peace.
[-] The following 5 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, DE88, Quantum+83, TVViewer256

BBC Breakfast announced the sad news about the programme's former presenter at 9am today.

There'll be a special edition of the programme tomorrow, remembering Bill.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • AJB39, bilky asko, bkman1990, CF1, DE88, Newsroom

I assume today's Breakfast presenters were aware of this in advance, and it was embargoed until just before 9?

I'm finding this incredibly hard news to process. I adored the Bill Turnbull and especially when he was with Sian Williams. It was on 7 days a week at my parents home and later at mine when I moved out. I even watched on Catch-up when I moved to New York. I was fortunate enough to meet him twice at TVC back in the day. Bill Turnbull really was one of the greats!

Some of the tributes I've watched this morning emulate how I'm feeling, he really was a legend, in the field and later as a presenter.

Sending so much love to his family, friends and colleagues.

In a strange way I'm looking forward to what will undoubtedly be a truly wonderful programme tomorrow.
[-] The following 6 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, CF1, EJnutz, harshy, JamesWorldNews

On these occasions there is inevitably somebody on Twitter who fails to read the room and feel that they have to share their story of the person who is the subject of all the tributes saying or doing something while having an off day.

I'm delighted that everything I've read about Bill reinforces the view of him as a top bloke on and off screen.
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990