French TV - News Discussion

Yoann Latouche is to be William à midi's weather forecaster, which replaces a newsreader read. (William à midi is C8's version of TéléMatin shown at lunchtime).

He covered for Alexandra Blanc on CNEWS in preparation.

Well after weeks (or months!) of denial, it's finally happened: Altice Media is being sold.
www.bfmtv.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • London Lite

No overnight news on France 24's French channel overnight. It was replaced by repeat airings of L'actu 360.

Further details on BFM2. Launch scheduled for early June. The logo was also filed with the INPI (basically the national intellectual properly office).
the-media-leader.fr 

data.inpi.fr 
Web Image

[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • Medianext.MX

BFMTV may be being sold... but it isn't moving out of its current offices. A long term lease has been signed until 2028 with a 3 year notice being needed to move out and any extension to be at least 9 years. A bit of money for a struggling Drahi to pocked.
www.linforme.com 

Speaking of whom, he's reportedly making cuts to pro-Israel i24news, which is not being sold (the end of synergies between BFMTV and i24news will be very welcome news to BFMTV staff -- who were unhappy at the beginning of the war back in October that i24news reporters with questionable credentials and even more questionable information were appearing on BFMTV).
www.linforme.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • Hadrien, London Lite, xlalonce

Sounds like what Altice are doing is what we call Warehousing in the UK. Sell the channel but make revenue from licencing the brand and renting the offices and studio facilities to the new owner.

It's more common in radio over here where Communicorp UK own some Heart, Capital and Smooth stations to comply with local advertising rules, but pay a fee to Global for office, studio and technical support.