ITV News

Is Romily Weeks based in the US now, or was it just a coincidence she was available to be in Baltimore tonight?

(26-03-2024, 07:47 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Is Romily Weeks based in the US now, or was it just a coincidence she was available to be in Baltimore tonight?

She was reporting from the States over the weekend. So probably just relief whilst one of the US correspondents takes some vacation
[-] The following 1 user Likes EJnutz's post:
  • RhysJR

Some interesting branding on this tweet with a semi transparent ITV News logo - still with Reem font. Doubt this will be used for the main bulletin but is it used for digital instead?

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes mnlbay's post:
  • Stuart

(09-04-2024, 08:47 AM)mnlbay Wrote:  Some interesting branding on this tweet with a semi transparent ITV News logo - still with Reem font. Doubt this will be used for the main bulletin but is it used for digital instead?

twitter.com 

That is some animated branding that runs on video screens in the newsroom. It is not intended (as far as I am aware) for use on broadcasts. I think the most important thing is to avoid screen burn so it animates between different images from around the UK with the translucent ITV News logo on top. When you see it during recorded items that are filmed for use on digital & on broadcast it generally uses traditional ITV News branding, though you will start seeing more varied digital offerings coming from there in the future.

Was a long close on the evening news tonight, haven’t seen that in a long time. Normally barely have time for the credits to appear on screen! Could see Lucrezia doing her best to appear busy! 😂
[-] The following 4 users Like mrarg1393's post:
  • bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, eyeTV, PatrZDZ

(12-04-2024, 07:27 PM)mrarg1393 Wrote:  Was a long close on the evening news tonight, haven’t seen that in a long time. Normally barely have time for the credits to appear on screen! Could see Lucrezia doing her best to appear busy! 😂

I remember when I spoke with former BBC and ITN newsreader Martyn Lewis many many years ago, he said he felt uncomfortable with the end sequence of the news programmes.

I remember he said, whenever you see a newsreader writing on their script with the news programme over, it is a sign they have anxiety over what to do in those final seconds.

Martyn said he tried to just gather his script sheets together and then check the computer or speak with the floor manager. During his time on the BBC One O'Clock News, where it was the only BBC News programme that had a computer in the studio, that he used the computer a lot for the end sequence.

(12-04-2024, 07:27 PM)mrarg1393 Wrote:  Was a long close on the evening news tonight, haven’t seen that in a long time. Normally barely have time for the credits to appear on screen! Could see Lucrezia doing her best to appear busy! 😂

At least in the old days of double headers they had someone to have a natter with.
[-] The following 4 users Like Alf Stewart's post:
  • bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, mrarg1393, UTVLifer