Programme/Movie Openers and Endboards

In this thread, we talk about any recent interesting closing logo sightings on TV (or streaming/home media if you want, but preferably TV). For any newbies, this is basically the logos you may see at the end of TV shows or beginning of movies. The logos I mainly like to find are logos that are rarer to find on TV, but you can showcase anything interesting logo wise here.

I've been checking Sharpe and Catherine Cookson over on Drama to see if I can find any goodies. I've been seeing the original Central logos kept on Sharpe followed by either the 2009 or 2013 ITV Studios Global Entertainment logos which is actually generous of them considering how much they love to plaster logos. Catherine Cookson has been a mixture of 2013 ITV logos and intact Tyne Tees logos (unfortunately, ITV appears more). Tyne Tees logos haven't been sighted on British TV stations for years so the Tyne Tees logo I found was an amazing one. Here's a picture below, this came from Tilly Trotter.

ADMIN EDIT: please avoid repetition by consulting the TVLF version of this thread before posting here.

The Tyne Tees endboards which appear on Catherine Cookson on Drama are from the "Channel 3" era from 1996.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael Kenchington's post:
  • Si-Co

(29-10-2022, 01:34 PM)Michael Kenchington Wrote:  The Tyne Tees endboards which appear on Catherine Cookson on Drama are from the "Channel 3" era from 1996.
The era when Tyne Tees didn’t have any logo, except the ‘3’ used locally. 

I’m guessing it looked something like this?

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…

The presentation endcap they used on imports and movies was even worse- "A Tyne Tees presentation for Channel 3 North East". That era was a mess!

(30-10-2022, 11:04 PM)James2001 Wrote:  The presentation endcap they used on imports and movies was even worse- "A Tyne Tees presentation for Channel 3 North East". That era was a mess!
A mess indeed:
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Judging from the blurred background, I believe the TTTV endcap Si-co posted was a later one - when they hurled the C3NE brand into the wastebin?

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

One of the few good things for regional identities to come out of the Granada takeover!

(31-10-2022, 02:07 AM)W. Knight Wrote:  
(30-10-2022, 11:04 PM)James2001 Wrote:  The presentation endcap they used on imports and movies was even worse- "A Tyne Tees presentation for Channel 3 North East". That era was a mess!
A mess indeed:
Judging from the blurred background, I believe the TTTV endcap Si-co posted was a later one - when they hurled the C3NE brand into the wastebin?

Possibly mine was a later example (late 1997), but this was still the “3” era - the main 3 symbol only appeared on local shows, but the 3s in the background were normally present on the endcaps of YTV’s networked shows, so I assume the same would have applied to TTT.

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Si-Co's post:
  • W. Knight

(31-10-2022, 03:15 AM)Si-Co Wrote:  
(31-10-2022, 02:07 AM)W. Knight Wrote:  A mess indeed:

Possibly mine was a later example (late 1997), but this was still the “3” era - the main 3 symbol only appeared on local shows, but the 3s in the background were normally present on the endcaps of YTV’s networked shows, so I assume the same would have applied to TTT.

Yorkshire started to use the Channel 3 Yorkshire branding on promos from 2nd September 1996, but continued to use its 1994 idents, endcap and clock for the time being before eventually becoming Channel 3 Yorkshire towards the end of October 1996 in which the long version of the ident features the initial revolving gold chevron giving way to a large gold ‘3’, before the chevron returns again and using the same background as Channel 3 North East.

Also, Channel 3 North East still legally had to be referred to as Tyne Tees Television IMO, which meant the words "TYNE TEES TELEVISION" appear at the bottom of the screen of the C3NE ident.

EDIT: The Tyne Tees endcap from the C3NE era also appears on a 1997 UK VHS release of Newcastle United NUFC 1996 - 97 Season Review: Road to Europe as well in which the text reads "A Tyne Tees Television Production for Newcastle United Football Copany Ltd" underneath with "Copyright 1997" appearing below.

(31-10-2022, 01:09 PM)Former Member 443 Wrote:  IIRC the "TT production for C3NE" appeared on the first couple of episodes of the 1996 series of Chain Letters, networked and with the copyright date attached. Which must have seemed completely bizarre outside the region!

According to a comment on transdiffusion.org  the C3NE branding was on a billboard in London somewhere.

Very strange, the whole C3NE thing was in hindsight.

(31-10-2022, 01:20 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  
(31-10-2022, 01:09 PM)Former Member 443 Wrote:  IIRC the "TT production for C3NE" appeared on the first couple of episodes of the 1996 series of Chain Letters, networked and with the copyright date attached. Which must have seemed completely bizarre outside the region!

According to a comment on transdiffusion.org  the C3NE branding was on a billboard in London somewhere.

Very strange, the whole C3NE thing was in hindsight.
IIRC, when Tyne Tees became Channel 3 North East on 2nd September 1996, there are actually three versions of the C3NE endcap. The one with the "3" and the words "A Tyne Tees Television Production/Programme/Presentation for Channel 3 North East" appears on local shows (sometimes with a copyright notice below the "3"), whilst the one with the words "TYNE TEES" in gold and the words "A Tyne Tees Television Production/Programme/Presentation for ITV" and with the 1989 ITV logo appears on networked shows such as Quayside, the Catherine Cookson dramas and The Essential Guide to Parties, among others (sometimes with a copyright notice appearing either below the words "TYNE TEES" or the 1989 ITV logo) and one with the figure "3"s in the background and a later version without from 1997.

The 1996 Tyne Tees endcap from the "Channel 3" era also appears on UK VHS releases of The Wingless Bird and Round Tower from VCI as well.
Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRRyiE7WmyM

Does the 1996 C3NE era Tyne Tees endcap also appear on DVD releases of Catherine Cookson dramas or not?

EDIT: Also, i've found this (this is taken from Spitfire: Lincolnshire to Las Vegas): www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael Kenchington's post:
  • W. Knight