New Prime Minister Coverage

Any special coverage announced for this?

The announcement is 12.30 on Monday so I expect there will probably be an interruption to normal programming on BBC, ITV etc.

Tuesday is the main day, Johnson gives speech at 8:30 so will be covered by the breakfast shows. Then off to Balmoral and new PM returns to make speech at 4pm.

I don't see any schedule changes at this point. 

GB News have a special programme 10-12 on both days. 

Talk TV has Piers returning.

BBC One has a special programme at 12pm.

BBC Two has a special edition of Politics Live at 1pm.

Channel 4 has an extended edition of Channel 4 News at 7pm (running until 8.30pm).

Steph's Packed Lunch on Channel 4 is starting 5 minutes early at 12:25 presumably so they can cover it.

CNN has CNN Newsroom with Max Foster from London pre-empting New Day from 12:00.

BBC Parliament's summer simulcast with BBC News ends at 14:30.

BBC Radio 4 starts the World at One at 12:30.

Meanwhile, on ITV, Loose Women will be discussing Meghan Markle’s new book and Coleen Nolan will model new handbags for winter.

Oh, and the studio audience will be back in the studio from tomorrow.
[-] The following 2 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • eyeTV, UTVLifer

I did something on Instagram on Friday where apparently they were rehearsing the ‘live reveal’ of the new prime minister on This Morning . So looks like it will be This Morning covering it rather than an ITV news special.

BBC News has just lost the link to Huw Edwards in Downing Street, 2 minutes in

I can't see the point of all the OBs from Downing Street, when nothing is going to happen there.

The announcement is grom the QEII Centre round the corner.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • TWO ident

BBC One news special didn't get off to a good start. Huw Edwards' feed fell off air (it had been breaking up since the start of the show - bad satellite link?). Near-immediate response from whoever is the backup presenter in the studio.

(05-09-2022, 12:06 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  BBC One news special didn't get off to a good start. Huw Edwards' feed fell off air (it had been breaking up since the start of the show - bad satellite link?). Near-immediate response from whoever is the backup presenter in the studio.

Joanna Gosling getting a prime time spot for once. Doing an excellent job on picking up the coverage.

(05-09-2022, 12:09 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(05-09-2022, 12:06 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  BBC One news special didn't get off to a good start. Huw Edwards' feed fell off air (it had been breaking up since the start of the show - bad satellite link?). Near-immediate response from whoever is the backup presenter in the studio.

Joanna Gosling getting a prime time spot for once. Doing an excellent job on picking up the coverage.

Agreed - and just to clarify, Joanna hadn't been seen in vision when I wrote that comment, and there was no namecheck. No rudeness intended!