Thread Closed

This Morning

(15-05-2023, 09:53 PM)GMc Wrote:  
(15-05-2023, 09:46 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I have to say - why bother with a forum where the moderation is so insane you might as well be slapped with a minor's age limit.

Utterly ridiculous to have removed so many posts.

You over zealous Mods will kill this precious forum.

Would you rather the forum was shut down to due allowing allegations to go unchallenged? Whatever your thoughts and opinions on the subject, this isn't the place to discuss them. This is a forum to discuss TV presentation. There's plenty of discussions and debates regarding this on Twitter and the like.
Thing is, no one is even explicitly mentioning any such allegations. Any references we have made to them have all been very dance-around-the-subject. I agree that this is not the place for tattle - but it is becoming more and more apparent that there are reasons for this tabloid saga surrounding PS and HW. For once, the tabloids may well have actually got something right!

The constructive discussion has been left (over 10 pages of it in the last few days). The boring and potentially libelous has been removed.

I don't think mods have any trouble with people discussion the situation in regards to the show - but people just joining the pile on adds nothing.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Admin PC, GMc

(15-05-2023, 09:56 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  The constructive discussion has been left (over 10 pages of it in the last few days).  The boring and potentially libelous has been removed.

I don't think mods have any trouble with people discussion the situation in regards to the show - but people just joining the pile on adds nothing.
Which is why no one here is actually saying anything libellous. How is that so hard for people to grasp?! Anyone who really wants to know what it's all referring to can Google it and find out exactly what is alleged to have gone on. All I and a few others have been doing is trying to put all this tabloid coverage into some sort of context. I'm not saying anything is true or not - just trying to explain what may or may not be behind all the endless chatter about This Morning.

(15-05-2023, 10:36 AM)CATV Wrote:  The producers know what they are doing starting with a music performance so Holly and Phil don't need to make small talk.
On a presentation related note, is starting with a music performance a relatively normal/regular thing?

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • London Lite

(15-05-2023, 09:53 PM)GMc Wrote:  
(15-05-2023, 09:46 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I have to say - why bother with a forum where the moderation is so insane you might as well be slapped with a minor's age limit.

Utterly ridiculous to have removed so many posts.

You over zealous Mods will kill this precious forum.

Would you rather the forum was shut down to due allowing allegations to go unchallenged? Whatever your thoughts and opinions on the subject, this isn't the place to discuss them. This is a forum to discuss TV presentation. There's plenty of discussions and debates regarding this on Twitter and the like.

What allegations? Do you know what has been removed? It seems not. Several posts have been removed, seemingly date based. i.e. Someone has decided to delete all posts made within a certain date range. How does that help encourage interesting discussion? If anything it encourages hit and run posts, it certainly doesn't encourage people to think and take time to compose a well constructed and interesting message. Why would they if there is a chance their post is going to be removed without warning? It just encourages the type of person who posts a Daily Mail link with no actual content. They don't care if their posts are removed, it took them all of 30 seconds. They can, and will, just do it again until that's all that is left.

Crikey. Some people are talking as though this issue HAS to be discussed.
Thread Closed