HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage

(08-09-2022, 08:11 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  
(08-09-2022, 08:02 PM)Keith Wrote:  Well those wanting to see studio B now get their wish for the first (of many) special programmes.

... and we are reminded why Studio E still rules over all others.

Exactly, Studio B right now looks so flat and awful IMO.

Channel 5 has a banner on screen currently.

(08-09-2022, 08:16 PM)SteamBoi64 Wrote:  Channel 5 has a banner on screen currently.

[Image: 2022-09-08_20h17_53.png]

I took a look through earlier - BBC Parliament (as with Phillip), Scotland and Alba all had quite abrupt cuts to Huw's announcement

Still waiting on DVB-T2! She/they.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rexogamer's post:
  • Superman1986

Here is the caption from Ideal World from their YouTube channel stream, Mike Mason was on air and ended the programme mid sale advising viewers to turn to news outlets for updates on the announcement from Buckingham Palace. 
[Image: 8Ka7Vqn.png]

I've been following the BBC coverage since the news broke, must say, it's been first class - Huw Edwards did a great job, you could see it was difficult for him to break the news, just like Martine Croxall when she announced the Duke's death. But really professional and human.

I do still think the rolling coverage before her death was announced completely unnecessary, but once the news broke, the BBC have been at the top of their game.

GET FUNKY | BE FUNKY | STAY FUNKY | YO HUSSLE HUSSLE
[-] The following 5 users Like Parsons's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, Newsroom, TVenthusiasm, UTVLifer

(08-09-2022, 08:01 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  This schedule has appeared on the ITV TV Guide

5-10pm ITV News
10pm ITV News at Ten
11.15pm The Queen Obituary
12:15am The End Of An Era - Queen Elizabeth II
(a 30 minute programme repeated all through the night)
6am Good Morning Britain

There is also an ITV News Special scheduled from 9am to 6pm tomorrow.
[-] The following 4 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, Superman1986, TVenthusiasm

QVC suspended card. Also wanted to note that CBeebies did nothing to announce to parents to switch over, either due to the channel's target audience or the fact that the channel was almost about to sign off by the time the news broke

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Crikey! Sarah Smith, BBC North America Editor must’ve been on vacation to have appeared at Holyrood at this hour.

I had noticed that she hadn’t been on air and that John Sudworth was filing instead of her.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990

Presumably GMB are going to absolutely throw the book at their coverage tomorrow morning - I would expect the special music during the 100,000 Covid deaths tribute and Captain Sir Tom's death last year to make a reappearance tomorrow
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • watchingtv