What is your all time favourite TV Presentation Package?

What is your all time favourite piece of TV Presentation? It can be recent, it can be old, it can be a whole package, an element of a package. Of course, it can be domestic or international. This is where I become somewhat controversial, as my favourite package; from the last ten years, was Channel 4's 2015  rebrand. Its arguably still in use, but considering its original 4 idents were replaced, and the trailer endboards have been altered, I'd call it separate from the current look. It was original, and it was a completely new form of ident presentation.

As for classic looks, I have to praise Granada's 1992 stripe 'G' era. It was simple, but the simplicity made it more effective and authoritative than it had every right to be.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

I know this opinion might not be most popular, but the BBC ‘Chameleon’ Rebrand 2021 is one of my favourite rebrands, alongside ITV Creates 2019.

While I wouldn't call it my overall favourite, I think the 'Rhythm & Movement' package from BBC One is wholly underrated, and gets a lot of undeserved negativity surrounding it. The idents had a very strong identity, a consistent red colour scheme and a recognisable musical motif, elements which are missing even from the current BBC One branding. Some idents were quite beautiful too, such as the 'Skaters' ident shot in Belfast, as well as the 'Ballet' and 'Tai Chi' idents, combining stunning music with some stellar movement / dancing. It's not without its flaws, of course, but it definitely deserves more praise than what it gets.

My overall favourite is definitely BBC Two from 1991 - 2001. I don't think I really need to explain why, and I imagine plenty of others will pick that as their favourite too.
[-] The following 5 users Like LoganStuff's post:
  • all new phil, chaose, DTV, ethanjbrady, PWD

I don’t think Sky Premier can be matched. Not only the most epic idents we’ve ever seen, but the whole package had such an incredible premium feel to it. Absolutely baffling how short lived it was.
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • Kojak

(14-09-2022, 08:41 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I don’t think Sky Premier can be matched. Not only the most epic idents we’ve ever seen, but the whole package had such an incredible premium feel to it. Absolutely baffling how short lived it was.

The entirety of the 1998 Sky rebrand is some of the best, if not the best set of presentation to come out of Sky. Easy to forget it was their intention to make Sky Premier into a British HBO, which didn’t happen but we still got a quality presentation as a result. 

Another vote for the Granada 1992 package, it certainly made them realise thereafter how flexible the G Arrow was and how they’d under utilised this previously. 

In terms of effectiveness the BBC 1997 rebrand is up there. It was clean, effective and done in one fell swoop. Every channel, radio station and brand had its own identity but could be easily identifiable as the BBC, even when throwing UKTV into the equation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nwtv2003's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

My favourite ones are the 1991-2001 '2' idents on BBC Two the 1991-1997 Virtual Globe BBC One idents, and the 1997-2002 BBC One Balloon idents
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roger Darthwell's post:
  • cylon6

Mine are the 1997 bbc one balloon, the 1982 channel 4 logo, and the 1991 Tyne tees package.

Anglia's 1988 flag is my favourite: It's simple and unconventional, given this was an actual flag than a CGI one. And the music was both authoritative and sombre enough in tragic events.

Less so on the rest of the package though - the diagonal idea was a great but sadly underdeveloped one:
[Image: Ang93s-2.jpg]
(Taken from TVLive)

Another favourite is the TVS package from the same era, specifically the earlier metallic one.

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

Mine has to be all the BBC idents from One, Two, News, Sport, Parliament, Choice and Knowledge from 1997 to 2001, especially the Yellow and Black animations that were used in CBBC.
www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes BBCMeridian's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

www.youtube.com 

(might help if I paste the URL correctly)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neil Jones's post:
  • Rijowhi