ITV News

Nina was never going to lead the Queens Funeral coverage. Tom has the political editor history so it makes perfect sense for him to do that sort of thing - and to use their lead presenter. I'm sure she has done at least one or two budgets (or statements - we've had a few budgets which weren't technicaly budgets!) since Tom started doing them too, though of course he was on leave for a few months a couple of years back.

As uncomfortable as they were at the time I do think the News at Ten changes a few years ago long term have proven to be the right changes editorially at least, although I don't think ratings have budged, and I don't think they will until Huw leaves the BBC 10.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, Jeff, Superman1986

I'm not sure Huw leaving the BBC 10 would have a huge impact on ratings tbh - it already feels like the family of presenters (which now seems set as Sophie, Clive, Rita, Jane & Mishal) appear about as often as Huw.

But I agree that long-term, they have proven to be the right changes - I think the two 10pm bulletins are probably the strongest they have been in some time, both different in approach (which makes sense) but both very strong in their own right.
[-] The following 6 users Like steve's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, Frances, Jeff, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(15-03-2023, 11:42 PM)Kojak Wrote:  There seemed to be some gremlins at the end of NaT - Julie started going through the front pages (which I don't think they've done since they days of her and Mark?) then all of a sudden it cut to the closing music and studio pan. Unless, of course, it was my ITVX stream that was playing up?
Last night’s broadcast didn’t go wrong.

And the paper review is a usual part when there’s a major story.
[-] The following 3 users Like Frances's post:
  • bkman1990, Kojak, Superman1986

Can someone help me with this? How much of ITV News London is pre-recorded each weekday?

Since ITV News London uses the same studio as the ITV national news, I do wonder how much is pre-recorded for their 6pm edition and 10.30pm late news?

I was told that the final 5 to 10 minutes of the 6pm edition is recorded at 5.45pm and then played out at around 6.20pm to help the ITV Evening News team set up and get ready for their 6.30pm start, as there is simply no room for them to get into the studio and prepare.

Then at 10.30pm, is the late bulletin recorded? As it kicks off fairly quick after News at Ten concludes.

All of this sharing of studio can surely cause problems in the production. Thank you.

(16-03-2023, 02:56 PM)Frances Wrote:  
(15-03-2023, 11:42 PM)Kojak Wrote:  There seemed to be some gremlins at the end of NaT - Julie started going through the front pages (which I don't think they've done since they days of her and Mark?) then all of a sudden it cut to the closing music and studio pan. Unless, of course, it was my ITVX stream that was playing up?
Last night’s broadcast didn’t go wrong.

And the paper review is a usual part when there’s a major story.
It was obviously just ITVX playing up, then!
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

(16-03-2023, 05:09 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Can someone help me with this?  How much of ITV News London is pre-recorded each weekday?

Since ITV News London uses the same studio as the ITV national news, I do wonder how much is pre-recorded for their 6pm edition and 10.30pm late news?

I was told that the final 5 to 10 minutes of the 6pm edition is recorded at 5.45pm and then played out at around 6.20pm to help the ITV Evening News team set up and get ready for their 6.30pm start, as there is simply no room for them to get into the studio and prepare.

Then at 10.30pm, is the late bulletin recorded? As it kicks off fairly quick after News at Ten concludes.

All of this sharing of studio can surely cause problems in the production. Thank you.

It is about 5 minutes of the 6pm news. Usually the final report & the weather forecast. It is sometimes less if there is an advert break before the Evening News.

The 10.30pm programme is all live. They prepare in the final few minutes of News at Ten and there is always a minute gap due to the national weather. there are rarely any problems.
[-] The following 3 users Like newsjunkie's post:
  • bkman1990, JMT1985, UTVLifer

As part of the Busted ‘and finally’ story tonight they dug out a (ripped off YouTube by the looks) clip of them announcing their split in 2004 - from the ITV News Channel with Leyla Daybelge
[-] The following 6 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, GMc, Roger Darthwell, Superman1986, TVFan, watchingtv

(24-03-2023, 08:37 PM)Andrew Wrote:  As part of the Busted ‘and finally’ story tonight they dug out a (ripped off YouTube by the looks) clip of them announcing their split in 2004 - from the ITV News Channel with Leyla Daybelge
I assume it would have been this clip:

www.youtube.com 

An observation about the clocks behind Tom on tonight’s NaT, they appeared to be two minutes fast
[-] The following 2 users Like KOWT76's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

I was surprised to see a short ITV News report pop-up just before 15:00 on ITV3 to remind people about the emergency alert test.  I presume they did it on all their channels if there was an appropriate commercial break?

The sound of the sting actually startled me, as I was dozing off watching Downton Abbey at the time.
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986, watchingtv